“Just what we needed!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Rockdale
Chicago, Illinois
“Just what we needed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

My wife needed to get outside of Dallas for a little while - she was really stressed out from her studies. So I gave this place a try after reading about it online. It turned out to be exactly what we needed. The Garden room, which was where we stayed, was clean, cozy, and charming. The bathroom was spotless, the kitchenette was well equipped, and the bed was super comfortable. On the subject of that bed, we had perhaps the best night sleep we have had together all year! And to top it all off the landscaping outside was very beautiful. I recommend this place to any couple passing through the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hospitality1918, Owner at Rainbow Courts, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
We are so happy that you chose Rainbow Courts Motel for your get-a way. We pride ourseleves on having a unique property and appreciate your nice complements. We look forward to your next retreat and hope the studies are going well.
Joan Ratliff, Owner or Rainbow Courts, Family Owned and Operated

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Sherbrooke, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

This is the oldest motel in Texas but doesn't show it's age! This was a very comfortable, accommodating hotel/motel. Some of our family were in the school house and other cottages and all were beyond expectations! Everything was well kept and very comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing Rainbow Courts Motel. We look forward to your next stay and appreciate your complements. Safe travels.
Joan Ratliff, Owner
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Definitely NOT your typical roadside motel! Charming, quiet accommodations, with all the luxuries of home. They offer both single and attached units at various price ranges. We stayed in The Garden Room - single unit. It had an enormous combined living and sleeping area and separate kitchen and bath areas. The outside patio with table and chairs was a bonus! Our parents, who traveled with us, stayed in The Cottage - another single unit. It had separate living and sleeping areas, along with wet bar and bath areas - and charming back patio! This isn't the Ritz; so why the 5 stars?? In these small towns, sprinkled throughout the great state of Texas, this type of place is an anomaly and we very much appreciated the nice touches throughout our rooms.
Don't be thrown by the 'motel' advertisement - it's much more than that!

• Stayed September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mmwhatley
Thank you for choosing Rainbow Courts Motel. We are so glad that you enjoyed the Garden Room. It is one of my favorite suites. Years ago, when my grandparents owned the business, that space was the original laundry room with wringer washing machines. Linens were hung outside on a clothesline to dry. It is hard to imagine, isn't it? Since we restored the building it has become a favorite of our guests. Liz Carpenter called it "my room". The Cottage, where your parents stayed, actually dates from the 1800's according to A & M architectural students. The students have climbed over and under several of our buildings and dated them by analyzing the construction and materials used. There is so much history here, I could go on and on. We love it when someone appreciates the history and restorations that we have completed. We look forward to your next stay. Safe travels.
Joan Ratliff, Owner
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

Though many might pass this by coming into town from one side it's because it's hidden behind the trees.
The courts come in a variety of styled rooms. My brother keeps a standing reservation at a select one each year to bring the kids for Easter. We've spent many years hunting eggs in the courtyard. He always has two quren neds as well as a kitchen & a dining area. The price is comparable to any regular hotel room around here with JUST a bed. If friends & family aren't staying at my house THIS is where I send them. They're cute cottages with character & charm.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Iambubblebee
Midland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

Rainbow Courts is a wonderful little gem! The staff is so friendly and accommodating, the rooms are spotless, the decor is precious, the beds so comfortable and the price is fantastic! Although I was in town for a family emergency and stress levels were high, once I got to my room each night I was able to completely relax and recharge my spirit. I am looking forward to making many return visits to this charming little place in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank DogMa_SuZ
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

I was in town for business and stayed at the Rainbow Courts Motel as a recommendation from a coworker. I stayed on and off for two weeks and the whole experience was wonderful. Joann greeted me personally and I felt at home immediately. My room was clean, very large, and I was not let down. I was offered complimentary Keurig coffee every morning with a variety of snacks to choose from. I also requested a couple of late check outs with no issues whatsoever. If you're ever in the area, I recommend staying at this little gem for a great experience. Thanks Joann and crew for a memorable stay. You'll get my business in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Phillbert
Austin, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

I've lost count of the number of times my husband and I have stayed at Rainbow Courts. We've stayed in the Cottage, the Schoolhouse, the Carriage House and a few of their standard rooms. All are beautifully decorated with antiques and fine linens. How many motels give you your very own Keurig? Ignore any negative reviews. If someone can't be happy staying here, they can't be happy.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Billie R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockdale
Days Inn Rockdale Texas
Days Inn Rockdale Texas
#2 of 4 in Rockdale
Americas Best Value Inn - Rockdale
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 4 in Rockdale
Budget Host Inn & Suites Cameron

Been to Rainbow Courts? Share your experiences!