“GREAT experience”
Review of Rainbow Courts

Rainbow Courts
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Rockdale
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My mom and I spent 1 night here in between visiting my daughter in Austin and my mom's friend near Houston. So glad we did!!! This place is great and we were also able to get in on a discount price. Just checking in at the office was so nice. They pointed out all the snacks and drinks we could choose from - anytime we wanted. They recommended several restaurants - which we tried - and they were very good. We were welcomed by "Jake", the black and white cat who would like to have stayed in our room with us. It was a warm afternoon so I walked around the compound and then got out my cross stitching and enjoyed stitching in the swing out in the yard. Jake joined me there, too. I really didn't want to leave the next day. Don't miss it if you are in the area!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Hospitality1918, Owner at Rainbow Courts, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Many thanks for sharing your thoughtful review. We are delighted that you stayed with us while traveling between Houston and Austin and that you enjoyed your stay. Jake is one of our friendly "hosts" of the feline nature. I am sure that he enjoyed visiting with you and we thank you for the attention that you gave him. He also loves to ride around the property on the golf car, sometimes on the roof of the golf car! He just loves meeting and greeting. Actually, everyone at Rainbow Courts enjoys meeting and greeting our guests. We look forward to your next stay.
JoanRatliff, Owner

Reviewed 26 March 2014

My stay was wonderful. Beautifully done rooms with nice outside areas to enjoy weather permitting. I stayed in the Carriage House and enjoyed the Jacuzzi tub. Close to all the amenities town has to offer.

• Stayed: March 2014

I am so glad that you enjoyed The Carriage House during your stay at Rainbow Courts. It happens to be one of my favorite rooms too. You might be interested in another of our premium suites, The Garden Room, for your next stay. Thanks for your kind words and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed here over a long weekend and it was amazing, very clean, peaceful, and quaint. The staff and owners were wonderful, we had a problem with our TV, and they came down immediately and were unable to correct the issue so we were upgraded to a larger room with no increase in rate. It was a very romantic place; we sat on the swing for hours and just enjoyed the weather and the atmosphere. It was a perfect weekend and we came away very relaxed.
Our room was very comfortable and above clean, I have stayed in hotels that were much more expensive that were not as clean and well stocked as this room. They have everything including cedar lined closest in the room we stayed again. We will definitely stay here again when traveling in that area.

Room Tip: The less expensive rooms are quite small.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

It is wonderful to know that you were made to feel special and comfortable during your stay. Please come back soon for another relaxing romantic stay!

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We had quite a few of us staying here due to unfortunate circumstances and the staff was more than accommodating. They were very helpful in shuffling our family around to make sure everyone was taken care of and everyone's room was perfect and adorable! Thank you Rainbow Courts!!

Stayed: March 2014

We are sorry for the unfortante circumstances that brought you to Rockdale but we are so glad that you chose Rainbow Courts for lodging. You are more than welcome for the "shuffling" and we are happy to hear that you loved the rooms. Please come back to stay under more favorable circumstances.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We wanted to go on a short trip out of town and selected this hotel because of its high rating on tripadvisor. We were allowed to check in early with no problem (no one was in our room the night before). The management was very friendly and accommodating. It wasn't very crowded at all, so there was no problem with noise from neighbors. The only noise problem would be the trains that travel through town. Every place in town has to deal with it. The bed was very nice. Absolutely no complaints there. Although the T.V. was not a flat screen, it still worked fine with the cable channels. The walk-in shower was spacious. Our room also came with a small kitchen which we did not use, but it looked nice. Overall, the place was very clean especially for an almost 100 year old motor court. It's not perfect in every corner, but we were not expecting it to be at this age. If you like cats, there seem to be a few "mousers" hanging around the place ... outside, of course.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words. We are so glad that your stay was comfortable and we look forward to your next stay. I'm glad that you appreciate our "mousers", Jake, Sapphire and Pumpkin. They love our guests and enjoy greeting and visiting with everyone. I frequently have guests call the office and ask if one can spend the night with them! I think especially our business travelers or people that are away from home alot enjoy the company.
Thanks again and safe travels.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I had the pleasure of staying one night at the Rainbow Courts and my only complaint was that I cold not stay longer. It was fabulous. The people were wonderful, the room was awesome and it was so peaceful. I enjoyed the entire experience immensely. My favorite part of the stay was the fact that they had a Keurig in the room and not only that but that had a wonderful assortment. This B&B is first class all the way, with a price that you can afford, which makes it that much more special! I will go to Rockdale just to visit the Rainbow Courts again!

Room Tip: Try to Carriage House it is fantastic!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

I am so glad that you loved The Carriage House. It is one of my favorite rooms too. The building predates the business and acording the old Sanborn Fire Maps, was on the property in the 1880's. We had fun restoring the building and adding that Jacuzzi! We look forward to your next trip to Rockdale and hope that it is soon. It means so much to us that you had a wonderful experience at Rainbow Courts.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Like many on this site, I've been privileged to traveled wide and far. This was my second stay at the family-owned and operated Rainbow Courts and it remains a unique gem deep in the heart of Texas. The is helpful and friendly. The rooms are charming, clean outfitted with top line bath amenities. While I'm certain the national chain motels in Rockdale offer fine and familiar comfort, the Rainbow Courts is a uniquely local experience and not to be missed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

We hope to welcome you back for another stay in the near future. Thank you for your review and kind words.
Joan Ratliff, Owner

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockdale
Days Inn Rockdale Texas
Days Inn Rockdale Texas
#2 of 4 in Rockdale
Americas Best Value Inn - Rockdale
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#4 of 4 in Rockdale
Budget Host Inn & Suites Cameron

Been to Rainbow Courts? Share your experiences!