“Beautiful Motel and Outstanding Service!”
Review of Rainbow Courts

Rainbow Courts
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Rockdale
Seguin, Texas
“Beautiful Motel and Outstanding Service!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Rainbow Courts is the best motel I've ever had the pleasure staying at. I visited Rockdale on business and had an interview in Cameron the next day.
I booked a one room, one night stay. When I checked in, Dan upgraded me to the GORGEOUS executive sweet for free! The motel is classy and has a rich history behind it, the room I stayed in was the same room Tennessee Williams stayed in.
Rainbow Courts is the perfect example of southern charm and the service is second to none. It is the only motel I will stay at in the Rockdale area. Hopefully, I'll have the treat of staying there again very soon!

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Rockport, Texas
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Really enjoyed staying at the rainbow courts motel. It was very home like, the courtyard was very pretty, and well maintained.The owners were very personable and friendly. The coffee and muffins were great. The room we had was very nice. The Decor of the office was great and made us feel like we were stepping back in time. We Loved it and will be going thru there again in a couple of weeks and planning on stay again. We didnt want to leave. Great place and very relaxing. Bob and Cheryl

1 Thank bob s
Longview
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I always enjoy staying here when I come to Rockdale on business. I've stayed on the cottages and normal rooms, and both a very nice. The staff couldn't be any more accommodating to anything I've needed. They always make me feel welcome- it's probably the only place I've stayed where I've never had an issue. Good people, nice place, and always exceeds expectations.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Like some others, I found this Texas gem because 95% of the hotels in College Station were fully booked and the few that did have rooms were charging 3 to 4 times their normal rate. The historic Rainbow Court takes you back to what traveling would have been like 50 or 60 years ago, but with modern amenities. We let the owners know we would appreciate two rooms and we ended up with a small house built 100 years ago! The interior was tastefully renovated with big comfortable beds and furniture as well as a small kitchen, washer/dryer and comfortable bathroom with walk in shower, all for less than a typical hotel room. In the morning there was no check out deadline and so we all relaxed watching a classic movie on TCM with a few good cups of free coffee and muffins. The owners Dan and Joan make you feel like you're a member of the family and seem genuinely thrilled to meet everyone who comes in the door to share in their labor of love. Hearing cars on the road and trains at 3:00 am didn't bother me, but if you're a light sleeper you will probably be better off asking for a room in one of the units farthest from the road and rails. Don't expect this to be a Hilton; it's more like staying at your fastidious grandmother's spare cottage. But that's just what we loved about the place. Finally, the drive from College Station took us less than 45 minutes and was worth it because all of the bluebonnets and other wildflowers were in bloom along the roads. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Call to discuss best room/cottage choice. If you're a light sleeper, ask to be farther away fro...
Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Small town charm with Texas-sized hospitality. Built in 1918, this motel is rich in Texas history.

We had passed by the Rainbow Court dozens of times on our way through Rockdale to east Texas without ever needing overnight accommodations. However, on a recent overnight trip to College Station we discovered every hotel within 50 miles was either booked or was gouging Aggie parents for 4x the normal rates (Parents Weekend).

The Rainbow Court showed up in search results and had very positive reviews. Even though it was an hour away from College Station, my wife and I decided to go for it and make the round trip back out to Rockdale for the night. The positive reviews were well-deserved and we were not disappointed.

Although the room was small, it was well-maintained, well-furnished, and, most important, clean. I've stayed in 4 and 5 star hotels that were not as clean as our room at the Rainbow Court. When we travel, my wife actually brings a special tote back full of cleaning supplies and wipes to preclean the hotel room (even the nicest hotels) before the rest of the family can even enter and use the facilities. That was not necessary for our room at Rainbow Courts.

We complimented owners Dan and Joan on the cleanliness as we were checking out. It turns out that Joan had previous experience in the health care industry and brought the same level of surgical room attention to the Rainbow Court housekeeping policy.

Although Hwy 79 and the active Union Pacific Rail is within a stones throw of the office, our room had a dehumidifier and well-maintained AC to create soothing white noise, blocking out any road or rail noise. The mattress was much more comfortable than our high end Simmons at home and I slept more sound than I had in weeks.

Even the landscape is well-maintained and planned, something we would not have expected in a "motor court". One of the most dominant features of the Rainbow Court property is a near perfect specimen of a Texas Post Oak which must be well over 150-200 years old judging by its size. Had time permitted, we could have lounged under that tree all day.

We look forward to the next opportunity to stay at The Rainbow Courts.

Waco, Texas
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We made reservations at the Rainbow Courts, hoping it would live up to the great reviews posted by other travelers. It certainly does! We enjoyed our stay there very much. The owners were friendly, helpful and eager to make certain that we were comfortable. We chose this location for a pleasant, relaxing get-away. The accommodations are very nice and comfortable. The outdoor areas are lovely & enjoyable. The small town atmosphere at the Rainbow Courts and other businesses & restaurants in Rockdale is refreshing and enjoyable.

Room Tip: The webpage for Rainbow Courts provides many photos of the various accommodations and the outdoor ar...
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Lots of value for your money! The motel is old but has been renovated; our room was small but nicely furnished, well decorated and very clean. Plenty of parking for our big truck and 16' trailer, manicured lawns and very quite and secluded grounds. We travel extensively and this is one of the best value locations we have come across. Excellent stay!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gloria S
Hospitality1918, Owner at Rainbow Courts, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are so glad that you chose Rainbow Courts for your stay in Rockdale and hope to welcome you back for another visit soon.
Safe travels,
Joan Ratliff, Owner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockdale
Days Inn Rockdale Texas
Budget Host Inn & Suites Cameron
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#2 of 3 in Caldwell

Been to Rainbow Courts? Share your experiences!