“The "only" place to stay in Rockdale”
Review of Rainbow Courts

Rainbow Courts
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Rockdale
Reviewed 29 August 2014

This was our second visit to Rockdale & first time staying at Rainbow Courts. I wish we would have known about this place the first time. I have never slept in a more comfortable bed away from home. Actually, it was more comfortable than my own bed. From dirty room, inadequate bathroom facilities, screeching, knocking plumbing pipes, no blankets, old, disgusting bedding, rockhard mattresses, sticky carpet, (you get the picture) to clean, quaint, comfortable accommodations, top quality linens, air purifier, beautiful grounds, & super friendly staff & owners on site. The price difference was less than $10.

We have been here for a week & I have thoroughly enjoyed it. I would definitely recommend Rainbow Courts to anyone staying in the area. The little touches make a huge difference.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

If you've ever been to Rockdale, you know there are not many options when it comes to accommodations........but the Rainbow Courts rise to the top effortlessly with their room options, beautiful grounds and courteous staff.

As soon as you turn in the small gravel drive, you see that this quaint strip of cottages is not your average inn. From the thick green manicured grounds & bright white adirondack chairs and arbors to the adorable Nantucket style cottages - they have left no detail untouched.

We recently stayed in the carriage house and absolutely loved our stay. The decor was beautiful and updated - a great mix of modern and antique touches. It was a huge bonus to have a full kitchen during our stay including an oven, fridge and a table for two!

We enjoyed the staff's attention to detail and warm southern hospitality - even made friends with a little black cat (named Sapphire) that would greet us each evening on the porch as if she was keeping an eye on everything while we were away.

Rainbow Courts feel like a home away from home. I encourage you to stay during your next trip through the area......you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: There are many good options when it comes to rooms. Go to their website and see what meets your need...
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I usually come to Rockdale on business frequently and usually for more than one day. I always stay here and believe it or not look forward to my stay. The rooms and cottages are great and comfortable and when you are staying for a couple of days, the kitchens and comfortable chairs and work areas are fantastic. But to be truthful, what really brings me back time after time are the owners and their staff they are always so pleasant, remember you and even which cottage/room is your favorite. Do yourself a favor and add a night at the Rainbow Court to your list of must do.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Had the pleasure of staying here as a quick weekend get-a-way with the family before school started. It is easy to get to and the rooms were fantastic. The furnishing were top notch and we loved all of the antiques and little touches that made this place truly unique! The staff here is great as well.

The setting here is serene, with lots of lawn space and sitting areas - very relaxing! It is the best of both worlds as you feel isolated while on the property, but everything you need is just down the street. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Ask about the suites and garden room!
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The courts were quiet, nice, clean, historic, neat, a real unique place to stay. I would definitely go back again and stay in this motel. Had a home feel to it It was quite an enjoyable experience, far beyond just a place to lay my head.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I love "vintage" things, and this old fashioned motor court was right up my alley. I decided to stay in Rockdale since College Station hotels were so expensive and I was on my way to Austin anyway. I'm glad I did. The proprietor was most gracious and helpful when I checked in. The lobby is full of antiques and delicious snacks and Keurig coffee. My queen bed room was spotlessly clean and had every amenity I needed, including a writing desk, nice flat screen TV, a refrigerator and a coffee maker. The air-conditioning worked like a charm. I am a female traveling alone, but felt perfectly safe here. I must say that the city of Rockdale is the friendliest place I've ever been. I attended the Catholic Church just down the road and at the end of mass, the priest asked if there were any visitors. When I introduced myself as coming from Southern California, I got a round of applause and many people came and talked to me after church to welcome me to Rockdale. Never experienced anything like it! I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2014

What a beautiful hotel in an unlikely place!! In the small town of Rockdale we stayed at the Rainbow Courts. It was as lovely as anyplace, anywhere, could ever be!! It features beautiful appointments, large landscaped lawn with Adirondack chairs scattered throughout, and gorgeous landscaping. It is an absolute jewel tucked away off Highway 79 in Rockdale!

Room Tip: The Garden Room or the Cottage would be very special choices.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carljudy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockdale
Days Inn Rockdale Texas
Days Inn Rockdale Texas
#2 of 4 in Rockdale
Americas Best Value Inn - Rockdale
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#4 of 4 in Rockdale
Budget Host Inn & Suites Cameron

Been to Rainbow Courts? Share your experiences!