“Second rate”

Days Inn Rockdale Texas
Days Inn Rockdale Texas
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Rockdale
Reviewed 18 July 2013

The area really doesn't have much to offer. Kids playing in halls making noise and leaving drinks on floor. I am use to places such as Hilton, so this place was an experience. I was paranoid about my car in parking lot, because a few shady people were hanging around. Swimming pool not kept up very well. Our room had ants around the window. The A/C made a loud strange noise every fifteen minutes. The front clerk had a nose ring and a huge tattoo on her arm. Next time I travel to this region I think I will just stay in Temple at one of the better hotels and deal with the extra driving time for business. I suggest anyone else to do the same.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Jess6704
Donald B, General Manager at Days Inn Rockdale Texas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

We appreciate your comments at the Days Inn here. It is unfortunate you felt this way, the reason you saw kids is because the town was hosting a state girl's softball tournament and all the hotels in Rockdale were excited and proud to accommodate the young guests. There was a rain delay and the kids were occupying themselves.

As for the front desk, their presentation and attire is purely superficial. The hotel is independently owned and operated. The owner does not make any prejudicial appointments based on a potential employees appearance, creed or race.

Thank you again, please feel free to contact me at daysinnrockdale@yahoo.com, and i will be more than happy to answer any further queries.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tiagogo M

Reviewed 30 June 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel and its a pretty nice place, especially for the price. The Wifi did not get a very good signal in our room but that was easily remedied by a cat5 cable. The room was comfortable and the rate was good. Its nice to know that there is somewhere decent to stay for when we come back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JoGMooney
Donald B, General Manager at Days Inn Rockdale Texas, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

My team and I appreciate your helpful comments and feedback. Our aim is to offer exceptional service levels, we are constantly evaluating guest experience and to improve on the experience. We are currently looking at bolstering out WiFi connectivity.

Please continue to visit us again, we know you have a choice and we are glad you choose us, thank you.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

I recently stayed at the Days Inn & Suites in Rockdale Texas. While this hotel is relatively new for the city, they still have a great deal of work to do. The hotel overall appeared clean and presentable in the public areas however the staff allowed their children (or children) to play on the computers in the business area, run around in the common areas and just hang out for the length of their shift.

I am not sure how this happened but the hotel did NOT have an elevator. For people that were handicapped, I find this to be very challenging. I had a elderly friend come visit and it took them 10 minutes to make it up the flight of stairs.

Though this is a non smoking hotel, the room I was placed in smelled of smoke, almost overwhelming. I was traveling with a small child and had made the decent with luggage++ up the stairs so I just decided to stick it out.

The staff was helpful and friendly. The owner of the hotel was very pleasant. The continental breakfast in the morning was decent.

If I could make a suggestion to him it would be to maintain the property. The first room I was in had a broken security lock, it was broken almost off the door. The second room on the second floor could use a good cleaning to remove the smell of smoke. There was very little AC in the common areas so it always felt a little stuffy. Overall a decent hotel for the area.

Room Tip: FYI, there was no room service, I did cannot remove the mark. Choose a room on the second level tho...
4  Thank rhall26
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Donald B, General Manager at Days Inn Rockdale Texas, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Reviewed 24 June 2013

When we got into our room there was a problem with the toilet, but the clerk was eager to get us moved. The only problem that there seemed to have been is that there were little kids running around everywhere, even behind the counter where you check in.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steven M

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves on putting the customer first. You guest satisfaction is very important to us. I am currently looking into this incident to ascertain what the cause was and how to avoid any future occurrences.

Thank you again, and I hope to see you again.