“Very nice place to stay.”

Days Inn Rockdale Texas
Days Inn Rockdale Texas
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Rockdale
Lansing, Michigan
“Very nice place to stay.”
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

We came to Texas from Michigan for the Formula One race. I got the reservation months in advance and the price was higher then normal. When we checked in the manager Don honored the price I found on Trip Advisor without hesitation. The motel was very clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly. The breakfast was always fresh and hot. If we come to the race again we will stay at this Days Inn without a doubt.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Schumyfan_60
Donald B, General Manager at Days Inn Rockdale Texas, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to putting in a positive feedback.
I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town for the F1......... one of the owners is a huge F1 fan too.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Rockdale, Texas
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Would like to say that management seems very caring and concerned about providing good customer service which is commendable, appreciated, and not often encountered these days. When reviewed about a seemingly ongoing pool maintenance issue, they were very responsive and seem to have gotten the pool back into a clear, blue usable state.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank K J
Donald B, General Manager at Days Inn Rockdale Texas, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
My team and I thank you for actually taking the time out to respond to our efforts in correcting the issue. We gather you enjoyed your stay and look forward to being your choice of hotels....... much appreciated!
Reviewed 18 July 2013

The area really doesn't have much to offer. Kids playing in halls making noise and leaving drinks on floor. I am use to places such as Hilton, so this place was an experience. I was paranoid about my car in parking lot, because a few shady people were hanging around. Swimming pool not kept up very well. Our room had ants around the window. The A/C made a loud strange noise every fifteen minutes. The front clerk had a nose ring and a huge tattoo on her arm. Next time I travel to this region I think I will just stay in Temple at one of the better hotels and deal with the extra driving time for business. I suggest anyone else to do the same.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Jess6704
Donald B, General Manager at Days Inn Rockdale Texas, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
We appreciate your comments at the Days Inn here. It is unfortunate you felt this way, the reason you saw kids is because the town was hosting a state girl's softball tournament and all the hotels in Rockdale were excited and proud to accommodate the young guests. There was a rain delay and the kids were occupying themselves.

As for the front desk, their presentation and attire is purely superficial. The hotel is independently owned and operated. The owner does not make any prejudicial appointments based on a potential employees appearance, creed or race.

Thank you again, please feel free to contact me at daysinnrockdale@yahoo.com, and i will be more than happy to answer any further queries.
Galveston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 30 June 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel and its a pretty nice place, especially for the price. The Wifi did not get a very good signal in our room but that was easily remedied by a cat5 cable. The room was comfortable and the rate was good. Its nice to know that there is somewhere decent to stay for when we come back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JoGMooney
Donald B, General Manager at Days Inn Rockdale Texas, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
My team and I appreciate your helpful comments and feedback. Our aim is to offer exceptional service levels, we are constantly evaluating guest experience and to improve on the experience. We are currently looking at bolstering out WiFi connectivity.

Please continue to visit us again, we know you have a choice and we are glad you choose us, thank you.
Maryland
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I recently stayed at the Days Inn & Suites in Rockdale Texas. While this hotel is relatively new for the city, they still have a great deal of work to do. The hotel overall appeared clean and presentable in the public areas however the staff allowed their children (or children) to play on the computers in the business area, run around in the common areas and just hang out for the length of their shift.

I am not sure how this happened but the hotel did NOT have an elevator. For people that were handicapped, I find this to be very challenging. I had a elderly friend come visit and it took them 10 minutes to make it up the flight of stairs.

Though this is a non smoking hotel, the room I was placed in smelled of smoke, almost overwhelming. I was traveling with a small child and had made the decent with luggage++ up the stairs so I just decided to stick it out.

The staff was helpful and friendly. The owner of the hotel was very pleasant. The continental breakfast in the morning was decent.

If I could make a suggestion to him it would be to maintain the property. The first room I was in had a broken security lock, it was broken almost off the door. The second room on the second floor could use a good cleaning to remove the smell of smoke. There was very little AC in the common areas so it always felt a little stuffy. Overall a decent hotel for the area.

Room Tip: FYI, there was no room service, I did cannot remove the mark. Choose a room on the second level tho...