“Not fun”

Days Inn Rockdale Texas
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Rockdale
“Not fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

The room stay started off great and turned into 3 weeks of hell! Woke up day 2 with my boyfriend having bed bug bites. Was refunded room stay and management was very sincere and apologetic to the bed bug issue, but the bed bug issue ended up coming home with an allergic reaction, dr bills, medications, etc! Not worth a free stay! Now I am headed back to Rockdale in 2 weeks and am torn on whether or not to stay here again:-( otherwise everything else was great!

• Stayed February 2014
Donald B, General Manager at Days Inn Rockdale Texas, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay. My team and I aim to provide excellent guest satisfaction and if we come short of this we aim to rectify all issues to the best of our ability.
I would welcome you to contact me directly at daysinnrockdale@yahoo.com so we may discuss your review in more detail.

We hope you come and stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Wayne City, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were lodged here 3 weeks for work. The entire staff is super friendly and helpful! Our room was spacious and super clean. The breakfast was always hot and fully stocked. The pool & picnic area were clean and we'll maintained. The hotel manager is very involved and on top of things. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area! I look forward to our next visit!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Donald B, General Manager at Days Inn Rockdale Texas, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Excellent! My team and I absolutely appreciate your wonderful comments. I'm delighted to hear you received great consistent service throughout your long term stay.
We are consistently looking at ways to improve the service levels and feedback like yours helps us to determine whether we are doing the right things for our guest.
Thank you and we hope to see you again.
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I travel to Rockdale about 2 times a year and always stay at the Days Inn to carry out employment interviews. I usually conduct the meetings in their lobby but this particularly morning they were busy with guests so the front desk lady who recognized me, suggested I was more than welcome to use their meeting room. It never crossed my mind that they had a meeting room as all the other hotels in Rockdale do not………….Excellent Service, couldn’t be happier!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Donald B, General Manager at Days Inn Rockdale Texas, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for your review. My staff and I are extremely happy to provide this service, I have identified the front desk staff and she has expressed her gratitude towards your appreciation.
The meeting is used regularly by our guests and also external parties wanting to rent a space for their events. Please let us know on your next visit if we can be of any assistance should you require these services.
Ft Worth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

My kids and I were on Spring Break this week and decided to visit my dad in Rockdale, Tx. I normally stay here at the Days Inn when I visit. I have nothing but great things to say about Mr. Donald and his staff. He and his staff are some of the most helpful and friendliest people in the hotel industry. On this particular trip, Mr. Donald went the extra mile to help me afford my 3 day, 2 night stay. He gave me a a sizeable discount right on the spot! Mr. Donald, your're the man!! The rooms are always, clean, neat, and comfortable. Thanks to Donald and his staff my kids and I had another GREAT stay at The Days Inn & Suites in Rockdale, TX!!!

• Stayed March 2014
Donald B, General Manager at Days Inn Rockdale Texas, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
My staff and I are excited to read your positive review. I conveyed your observations to all staff and they along with me are very appreciative.
Part of the charm in Rockdale, TX is the warm hospitality and this is extended to the service we provide here. I am glad to hear your kids had a great time. Thank you.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

We were on our way to Dallas and it was getting late so we stopped at the Days Inn here. The room was clean and comfortable. In the morning check out we decided to pull our car up front before having breakfast and then leave for Dallas. However, the car would not start, next thing I know Donald came outside and asked if we were ok, he must of seen us struggling to get the car started. He could see me getting distressed, so he suggested that we go back in and have breakfast while he took a look at it. He jump started the vehicle with his own truck, I could see him doing all this whilst my wife and I were enjoying having their complimentary hot breakfast.
Donald was great…… we are so thankful to the service he provided and the lovely breakfast. We will definitely recommend to other snow birds.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. My staff and I always look to create added value to your stay by providing exceptional service.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Arrived at the hotel from a long road trip and was very exhausted. The front desk lady was fast at getting me checked in to my room which I greatly appreciated being that I was so tired. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable I slept great. Then to wake up to a great breakfast......I was pleased all the way around, will definitely return again

Room Tip: Very quiet and relaxing