“Great place to stay. ..”

Days Inn Rockdale Texas
Days Inn Rockdale Texas
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Rockdale
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have stayed here a few times and everytime has been great... front desk clerk Erika is friendly and helpful, rooms are clean, breakfast is good and the general manager was nice enough to give me a good price so you can't beat that... I plan on returning soon

• Stayed: May 2014
Donald B, General Manager at Days Inn Rockdale Texas, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

We greatly appreciate the time taken to write a review. I have shared your comments with the team and they feel extremely proud - there's nothing better than having a satisfied guest.

I am happy to hear this is not your first visit and we hope to provide the same satisfaction on your next visit....... thanks again.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

So where do I start? Let's start from the beginning. I had to make a weekend trip to Cameron, Tx, so like any responsible economically challenged person, I called the hotels in the area and read the reviews for those that caught my eye. Anyway, I chose to stay at the Days Inn in Rockdale, Texas, 20 miles from destination. I called placed my reservation and was already pleased with the service I received from a young lady named, Erica( I believe it was). Once, I reached the hotel, after driving through little town after little town, the hotel literally looked like an Oasis in the middle of a desert. The Manager, Donald, was very nice and helpful. When I got to my room, I could not believe the size, cleanliness and amenities that I got for such a reasonable price. Beautiful bathroom, I stay in a lot of hotels and I kid you not for me the bathroom was all the rage. Nice Television, pleasant smell and cold A/C. I grabbed my cigarettes and stepped outside to have a well deserved smoke and the peace and quiet or better yet the serenity engulfed me. It was soooo peaceful. I can keep going on and on but I have work to do, lol! For the price you cannot beat the service, serenity, All-YOU-CAN-EAT breakfast, weight room, nice pool atmosphere, awesome personnel and the "Customers Always Right Mentality". All I need now is a reason to go back. I am considering just going here for a week long vacation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Donald B, General Manager at Days Inn Rockdale Texas, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I have shared your review with my team and they join me in thanking you for the recognition of effort we put in providing exemplary service for our guest.

The owner prides himself on keeping the property up to date by investing back into the business. The property goes through regular inspections and any defective items are dealt with immediately.

We have welcomed many guests who end up electing to stay in Rockdale rather than Cameron, as they believe our lodging facility is far superior and affordable to anything being offered in Cameron.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The room stay started off great and turned into 3 weeks of hell! Woke up day 2 with my boyfriend having bed bug bites. Was refunded room stay and management was very sincere and apologetic to the bed bug issue, but the bed bug issue ended up coming home with an allergic reaction, dr bills, medications, etc! Not worth a free stay! Now I am headed back to Rockdale in 2 weeks and am torn on whether or not to stay here again:-( otherwise everything else was great!

• Stayed: February 2014
Donald B, General Manager at Days Inn Rockdale Texas, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay. My team and I aim to provide excellent guest satisfaction and if we come short of this we aim to rectify all issues to the best of our ability.
I would welcome you to contact me directly at daysinnrockdale@yahoo.com so we may discuss your review in more detail.

We hope you come and stay with us again.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were lodged here 3 weeks for work. The entire staff is super friendly and helpful! Our room was spacious and super clean. The breakfast was always hot and fully stocked. The pool & picnic area were clean and we'll maintained. The hotel manager is very involved and on top of things. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area! I look forward to our next visit!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Donald B, General Manager at Days Inn Rockdale Texas, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Excellent! My team and I absolutely appreciate your wonderful comments. I'm delighted to hear you received great consistent service throughout your long term stay.
We are consistently looking at ways to improve the service levels and feedback like yours helps us to determine whether we are doing the right things for our guest.
Thank you and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Donald B, General Manager at Days Inn Rockdale Texas, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I travel to Rockdale about 2 times a year and always stay at the Days Inn to carry out employment interviews. I usually conduct the meetings in their lobby but this particularly morning they were busy with guests so the front desk lady who recognized me, suggested I was more than welcome to use their meeting room. It never crossed my mind that they had a meeting room as all the other hotels in Rockdale do not………….Excellent Service, couldn’t be happier!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Donald B, General Manager at Days Inn Rockdale Texas, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for your review. My staff and I are extremely happy to provide this service, I have identified the front desk staff and she has expressed her gratitude towards your appreciation.
The meeting is used regularly by our guests and also external parties wanting to rent a space for their events. Please let us know on your next visit if we can be of any assistance should you require these services.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

My kids and I were on Spring Break this week and decided to visit my dad in Rockdale, Tx. I normally stay here at the Days Inn when I visit. I have nothing but great things to say about Mr. Donald and his staff. He and his staff are some of the most helpful and friendliest people in the hotel industry. On this particular trip, Mr. Donald went the extra mile to help me afford my 3 day, 2 night stay. He gave me a a sizeable discount right on the spot! Mr. Donald, your're the man!! The rooms are always, clean, neat, and comfortable. Thanks to Donald and his staff my kids and I had another GREAT stay at The Days Inn & Suites in Rockdale, TX!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
Donald B, General Manager at Days Inn Rockdale Texas, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

My staff and I are excited to read your positive review. I conveyed your observations to all staff and they along with me are very appreciative.
Part of the charm in Rockdale, TX is the warm hospitality and this is extended to the service we provide here. I am glad to hear your kids had a great time. Thank you.