“Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue Wave Inn

Blue Wave Inn
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Rockport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Deer Park
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

My room did not have a telephone. The desk clerk didn't know that and tried to ring my room. It took three trips to the front desk to get a new key to open my door the next morning. The desk clerk had to bring the master key to let me in. I won't stay here again. It was way overpriced as well.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Herndon, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

We spent three nights here. The beds were quite comfy. The maid service was...inconsistent. When we arrived, I used Clorox Wipes to wipe up what was probably excess sticky cleaner/disinfectant from the bathroom floor. One day, we had only half the number of towels required, and I got some from the office. To my surprise and delight, we encountered absolutely no bugs. The doughnuts were excellent, the staff nice. The view was quite nice. I'm glad we had a room farthest from the main roadway. Soft drink machine was broken the entire time. I didn't use the ice machine because it was outdoors and (though I didn't check) was therefore probably moldy.

PET FRIENDLY?? The Drury and La Quinta locations we stayed at coming a d going (this was our destination) did not charge for our Pomeranian; the Days Inn charges $15 per night/per pet. Pet-accepting, maybe, but hardly friendly.

Room Tip: The closer to the office, the farther from the road.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank smscott7
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

My friends and i stayed here for the weekend, we were on a budget. We were pleasantly surprised. The people extremely nice, or room was fresh and very clean. No BED BUGS#!!! Our friends stayed in a 5 star pudding 114 nightly without tax. Their wifi wasn't working, workers were rude and hotel pool looked nasty. They wanted to come to ours. We enjoyed the Jacuzzi while we were there and the view. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed October 2013