“Worst place I ever stayed!”
Review of Village Inn Motel

Village Inn Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rockport
Village Inn Motel
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Rockport
“Worst place I ever stayed!”
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

Room was Filthy, stunk, bed was miserable...there was broken glass in the parking lot and was still there when we left. The manager was terribly rude, basically same as the whole place, bad. Couldn't wait to get home and shower. I would go to a neighboring town before I'd stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
6 Thank Stitcher10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
san antonio
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed here because it use to be a very clean and affordable nice place to stay...Boy were we ever wrong. Roaches, extremely dirty carpets, smelled old and musky.,,, Towels might have been washed and clean but they are very old and looked yellowed and dirty. Over priced!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank andy p

Travellers are raving about these Rockport hotels

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We were able to get in last minute on July 4th weekend. It is an old motel but has been taken care of for its age. This was a great place for us because we didnt want to spend a ton of money when we were going to be at the beach most of the time. We had one room with a king bed that had a microwave and small fridge. The other room had two full beds and a full kitchen. Nothing was provided in the kitchen, so bring your own silverware and plates. Rooms had lots of space and bed sheets and comforters were new. Bathrooms are older as well, but had hot water and good pressure. Very very close to the beach and right next to a donut shop for breakfast! It also has a pool which was very clean. The manager was so nice and accommodating. We will definitely come back here when we come back to Rockport.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Lacook86
Vancouver, Washington, United States
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Coffee maker, but no coffee. Shower, but not one towel in the room. Would have called the office for one, but no phone. Get the point? Room was over priced for it's years, I'm sure I was paying for location, not comfort. The location is great for the vacationer. Don;t pick them by looks and get a chain motel if it's spur of the moment.

Room Tip: Don't judge a book by it's cover.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Bill B
Kyle, Texas
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Our family had long ago vacationed yearly in Rockport and stayed at The Village Inn. Twelve years later, we decide to take a family trip and a walk down memory lane & stay in the Cottage we used to rent at The Village Inn years before...BIG MISTAKE!!
The motel is old, as it was old back then but the only difference this time around is that the Cottage was SO FILTHY, as if it had not been cleaned since our last visit. The room was filled with a moldy/smokey smell, the dust in the room was so thick...it was just plain gross. The kitchen was gross, no supplies at all...the only thing we found was a 1/2 eaten piece of meat in the oven! We gave it a chance & opened the windows to air it out, even talked to the owner about the condition. Then an 1/2 hour into our cleaning the refrigerator stops running, we tell the owner and he says he has another one to bring to the cottage, but would need help. SERIOUSLY?? I just paid you close to $300 for a two night stay, in a filthy room with a broken refrigerator you need help moving it!
We should have left right then, but it was really late and so we uncomfortably slept & checked out with a refund for the 2nd night we had already paid.

It really is sad because the property, although dated, used to be very nice and comfortable. The couple that owned it back then were so sweet & welcoming, now the people that manage it have let it rundown to a s*%*%hole. A nice coat of paint is not going to alleviate the bigger issues of cleanliness of the whole inn. NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank CMCastle
SANANTONIO
Reviewed 8 August 2012

OMG, I gave it the benefit of the doubt went to Rockport the weekend of August 3rd and of course no availabily anywhere. We were desperate, stayed there once like 10 years ago. It was a little clean back then. However, this time we had a miserable stay. I told them over the phone had respiratory problems. When we arrived they gave me a room for smokers. I assuming it was just the mold smell, but no it riffed of smoke, mold, horrible. looked by the stove rotten old food that fell to the side was there forever. It is nasty the sheets from the bed OMG smelled horrible. They should not even be3 in business with that awful old, dusty, dirty smelly rooms. It is really sad to rent such a place. Only desperate people would go there if you think I am just a whiner trust me go there you will be then next person writing this trust me. I would not wish a hotel like that on my worst enemy!

Room Tip: I know it was not the Holiday Inn but if you are going to rent in a hotel like that read reviews and...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank MARY D
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I had a wonderful stay in Rockport. We have stayed at the village inn before and my family and i come back almost every summer. We use to stay in aransas pass but my sister found this inn and we like it. It fit our budget and its walking distance to the beach. I recommend it as much as i can.

• Stayed August 2012