“Delicious Desserts!”

The Beach House
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 6 June 2010

I have been there 2 different times and it is very good! I had the 1/2 chicken salad sandwhich and soup. The chicken noodle soup was very good, you could tell it was homeade. The desserts are my favorite! One day I had peach cobbler and the next time was key lime pie. The owner served it with vanilla ice cream and brought it personally to the table. aIt was delicious and she walked around talking to customers. I over heard one man say he had been there almost everyday since they opened!

1  Thank CastinCutie

Reviewed 29 October 2009

Altogether bad experience at this restaurant. It was not clear where to sit, or where to order. I ordered the raspberry tea, but it was clearly the same HEB brand powder I use at home (but never bought again). It was just one thing after another; my cup was filthy, there were chips under my table, the food took almost an hour -and this place only has 8 tables, 5 of them 2 person. My drink was never refilled, and the food was burned! I see the Wal-mart label on their $4 per slice pie, so I declined. I like to support the local restaurants, but this was clearly a mistake. The owner came over to say Hello, and we learned that they have only been open about 6 months. Maybe things will become more fine-tuned, but I won't waste my money to find out. And beware, they only serve lunch, from 11-3.

Reviewed 14 September 2009

My friends and I had high hopes for this cute and charming beachside restaurant but we sorely disappointed. It is obvious that the owners have put a lot of time and effort in to the decor and atmosphere of The Beach House but the same cannot be said for the service and food. Immediately as we walked in we were informed they are totally out of all food, and were only serving drinks and desserts. This was a little surprising considering it was mid-afternoon on a weekend, but we were only coming to grab a coffee and tea so it didn't discourage us. We took our place in line behind a group of about 4 women and started looking at the scribbled drink menu. It was very confusing trying to figure out which price goes with what drink but all of the prices were comparable to Starbucks pricing. Normally I would be perfectly okay with paying Starbucks prices but when I stopped to watch how the drinks were being made, I could not justify buying a $3 latte here. It looked as though they made a stop at the local HEB to pick up supplies before opening shop. A latte consisted of cheap coffee and whole milk ($3). A "frappe" was cheap coffee, ice, and Hershey's syrup ($4). I could make higher quality drinks at home for a cheaper price. After flip flopping back and forth on whether I should just deal and support the local businesses I realized we had been standing there for about ten minutes and the group of women in front of us still had not received their complete order. What could be taking them so long to make four or five drinks? Then I saw that none of the equipment behind the coffee bar was industrial editions. The coffee maker was simply a eight-cup pot like the one in my kitchen, the "frappe" machine was really the Margaritaville frozen drink machine available at Target, the sno cone machine was a child's at home sno cone maker, etc. The only piece of equipment that looked like it should be in a restaurant was the vat of tea, already made and ready to serve to customers. By then I had made up my mind that I wasn't going to wait even longer for overpriced, poor quality coffee but my friend felt bad about walking out, plus I think she still wanted the tea. We waited a few minutes more, finally the group in front of us was served, and we stepped up to the bar only to be told to "take a seat to be served". What?? They had seen us waiting in line for 10 minutes, why didn't they tell us then??They had even told us it will be just a few minutes while we were waiting. My more patient friend explained we weren't really looking to stay, just to get a tea to go. The waitress had walked away by then and another came up repeating with a smile "she said to take a seat to be served". Needless to say we left frustrated and annoyed and totally drinkless. I think The Beach House has a lot of potential to be a really adorable little cafe but the ambiance isn't nearly as important as the quality of food and service. It seemed like the owners ran out of money for good quality food and equipment because they invested so much into the appearance. I visit Rockport frequently and will try again in a few years after they have had time to work out their kinks.

2  Thank twodotgreen
Reviewed 17 August 2009

What a lovely place! Wonderful Caribbean decor , delighful owner and friends who assist, and super-delicious sandwiches! The BLT and tuna salad sandwiches that we had were super. To have them in this delightful cafe made them taste even more delicous! the owner recently started this business, and we wish her all the luck she deserves! I'd never before been to Fulton-Rockport and if it's new to you, you're in for a treat!

2  Thank calinurse