“Not the best!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Schertz, Texas
“Not the best!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I liked that you were on the water, but other than that, it wasn't that great. My family tried all the fried seafood and said it wasn't bad. My husband liked the coconut shrimp. Gumbo was spicey. The salad bar needed help. It was the strangest mixture of salad fixings that I have ever seen. It was also very crowded, the tables were right next to each other. I can't say I am eager to return.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a bummer!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Ordered a plate of shrimp and oysters to go and was sent NO utensils! Called to complain and was told "I"m sorry - they usually put it in there! Made it hard to eat a salad and a baked potato . No more business from me after 35 years of going to Rockport and eating there! Anyway. 2nd rate seafood ! Go to the island for good food!!!

Willis, Texas
“Just "OK"”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The biggest problem with this restaurant was the long, long wait on 7/6/2014. Being Sunday night when many restaurants are closed and the end of a Holiday Weekend, the restaurant was very crowded. There were two of us and when we signed in with the host, we were told it would be about 30 minutes to get a table. Had there been more choices in the immediate area, we would have left. Well 90 minutes later we got seated.
We had a perfect view of the self serve salad bar while waiting. The lack of cleanliness and poor maintenance by the staff caused us to AVOID any entree that came with trip to salad bar.
We were finally seated upstairs near the bar. There is a outdoor deck and inside seating that have a great view of the bay. So location of the table was quite pleasant.
It took about 20 minutes for a waiter to appear and then almost 45 minutes to receive our food. The waiter informed us the cook walked out during the shift. Had no way to verify if that was true or just an excuse for the wait. They ran out of glassware and served my tea in a to-go Styrofoam cup. The steamed vegetable that were offered in place of the salad bar were overcooked and poorly seasoned. I had fried coconut shrimp which was decent.
The price point of a meal, without alcohol is closer to $20 than the $12 shown on TripAdvisor posting. To be fair to the restaurant, I would give them another chance if I get to Rockport again. However, I will not even venture in if it looks like they have a large crowd.

San Antonio Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food was tasteless...so NOT impressed”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

After looking at several positive reviews online and verbally, my friend and I were so excited to have a wonderful dinner, but to our dismay the food was bland, tasteless, no seasonings, or flavor.
My friend order the scallops with artichoke sauce and appeared as a lump of white paste, the scallops were not grilled long enough with no seasoning, just white lumps.
I had the fried flounder filet which was mealy and not flaky. The corn meal coating overpowered the flounder but again, had no seasonings or flavor.
We both left most of our meals on our plates and when we said something to the waitress she said "Sorry" and that was it.
Rumor has it Charlotte Plummers is having employee issues with an inexperienced kitchen staff.

1 Thank robinwms
Houston, Texas, United States
“OK Seafood”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stopped by here for a family lunch before heading out of town. It was very busy for Sunday Lunch. We were seated right away and our waiter took our drink order first thing. Had the Fried Shrimp plate with fries. It was ok. One or two shrimp were not properly cleaned and were set aside. There is a small salad bar with the usual fare. One of our party had the Gumbo and liked it a lot. The wait staff was friendly, and never had to ask for a refill. We would like to give this place a try again when they are not so busy.