“Home away from home.... Best gourmet breakfast! Good old fashion hospitality :-)”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rockport
Anthony's by the Sea
Ranked #4 of 6 Rockport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 April 2013

This place is a secret hide away for a nice quiet get away. A calm weekend for a usually busy family looking to get away just to reset for the crazy work week. WARNING, though you may want to make it a little more than a day stay because u wont want to leave that soon. These ladies will spoil you and make you feel like you are family. My girls loved the little get away and it was just a jump hop and a skip away from the very clean beach. You wont regret this stay....

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Danimia

Reviewed 7 July 2012

What a wonderful pair: Smitty and Beth. They have a wonderful B & B, but this week they really outdid themselves! My mom turned 80 and my dad asked Smitty and Beth to come to our condo in Port Aransas each night to cook dinner for the 10 of us. Each of the seven nights was a gourmet feast! The main meal as well as homemade cookies, 2 birthday cakes, brownies, and peach cobbler! So delicious! And they were here on time and had dinner on the table for all of us at 7:00 with smiles on their faces. They even sang Happy Birthday! Thank you, Smitty and Beth

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sara P
Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

Needs upgrade. Food excellent, just a bit run down & needs renovation. Bed was hard and pillows were old.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 3 August 2011

We stayed here for one night in June, the first of our two week road trip round the Southern States. We wanted a relaxing day and night on the coast at Rockport to get over the jet lag and have a rest. It was a lovely B and B, with two great friendly owners who served an amazing breakfast! The best one of our holiday. We sat outside under the trees in their garden and enjoyed the fresh coffee and juice, and then the food. An excellent start to our Texas road trip. Would definitely recommend this for something different, and to give your money to a local business rather than a chain hotel. The room was good, with a fan, nice clean bathroom and cold water in the fridge. We stayed in the Fiesta suite, and you can put your car right up to the door outside, which is handy when you have heavy bags. All round excellent stay. It's a short drive into Rockport, and the beach there is excellent. We had a very good meal at the 'Boiling Pot' - highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jetsetter77Uk
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I stayed four nights at Anthonys. It is a ranch style home with a large covered patio in back and an extra couple of buildings that include additional accommodations. It is in a quiet, decent, residential neighborhood. Others stayed there during my stay and Beth and Smitty made sure to give us all room and privacy, while still being very friendly and accommodating. My room was clean, quiet, and the firm bed gave me the best sleep I have had in months. It had a TV and my own bath cross the hall. Each morning they offered me three choices for breakfast that all sounded excellent and proved to be. The home also provided covered parking, nice in the blazing sun of summer. It is more downhome style lodging than upscale, very informal and relaxed. There is not a view of the water, but you can ride your bicycle or even walk to everything from there.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2010

I got married in Rockport and our wedding planner suggested Anthony's Bed & Breakfast to me. My husband & I loved it so much we stayed an extra day and we didn't want to leave when it was time to go. Beth & Smitty are the best Hostess I have ever had. If you want a cozy, comfortable & clean place that feels like home away from home...stay at Anthony's By The Sea in Rockport, Texas. Hey my mom lives in Rockport and I am going to stay at Anthony's instead. Beth & Smitty treat you life family. Oh and the breakfast was totally AWESOME!!!!! So awesome I had them send me the receipes. Please give it a try. I promise you will never want to stay anywhere else in Rockport ever again! I miss it already. They also host large parties. They cook the meals and you will love the patio area. I can not say enough about that place. I am ready to go back!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank KellyFields
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rockport / Bay View
Hampton Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton
Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay
BEST WESTERN Port Aransas
BEST WESTERN Port Aransas
#1 of 20 in Port Aransas
Fairfield Inn & Suites Rockport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton

Been to Anthony's by the Sea? Share your experiences!