Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“Mistreated at Surfside”

Surfside Inn Suites
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Rockport
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Room not ready when we arrived at 5 PM. Beds unmade and room dirty. The chair I was sitting in broke. When I made the management aware, they sent cleaning man -father-in law. He said it broke because I was old and big. I asked him to clairfy and he stated that is what he said. I went to the management to have this rectified and they said he would never say this. The microwave oven in our suite would overheat. I am not pleased to be mistreated and have such substandard care.

6  Thank Toni E

Reviewed 13 July 2014

What a great place! Nicely decorated, clean rooms, clean pool. Private fishing pier across the road was really nice, too. A great family place! Plenty of restaurants in the area, but the kitchenette is also really nice if you want to cook your own. Surfside Inn had everything I could have asked for.

2  Thank Donna F
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Wasn't really expecting much when we pulled up outside the hotel, other than the pool looked nice. We were surprised when we went to the room. We were in the suite with 3 queen beds and a small kitchenette. Everything was clean and in decent repair. The room was quite to outside noise and I didn't hear our neighbors at all. The kids loved the pool. Fishing pier was in great condition with lots of sitting and lights on both sides. We didn't have much luck with fishing, but that is no way the hotels fault.
Our only complaint was that the air conditioner in our room was very loud. Other than that, it was perfect. We will stay here again the next time we visit the area.

2  Thank christi l
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This trip was awesome!!! One of many over the years!! Never disappointed!! Always family friendly!! First place we think of to stay!! Excellent fishing pier, very well lit and safe!! Fishing very good!! Even the fish like to hang out there haha!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Been staying here since 1978 , I have know Neal the owner for the last 10 years! Very clean , great fishing pier ! The remodeling he has done is awesome! This is a perfect place for your family ! Will never stay any where else but the Surfside Inn in Rockport Tx!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I have been coming here for years. Always had a wonderful time. Love spending all night fishing on the pier. The rooms were clean. Had basic cable for those who do not wish to fish. The kids enjoyed swimming at night because the pool's light changes color. It was pretty inviting. I would recommend for you and your family to stay here.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We were traveling with another couple and had booked 2 downstairs rooms with kitchenettes. I had confirmed reservations for 5 weeks. When we arrived at 3:00pm in the afternoon, they informed us that we could not have a kitchenette in one room because there was a "problem" with it; they could only give us a kitchenette upstairs. We had our dog with us and this would not have worked, so we took the room without the kitchen. We realized later that there was not anything wrong with the room next to our friends because they had people already staying there.
Also when we checked in, my husband did not see a small sign that said dog were not allowed in the office. The male clerk rudely and loudly yelled at my husband to get the dog out of there. Also during our stay, he yelled again at him with the dog and told him to walk the dog off the property. We always pick up after our dog and try to avoid areas where there are people, but it was the loud, rude yelling that was unnecessary. There were no signs that said dogs could not be walked on the property and no information concerning that rule was given us when we checked in.
They are just not pet friendly.
The worst part of our two night stay was the TV in the room next to ours blaring most of the night. Finally at 2:30 am I called the office and only got an answering machine, so I called the room and asked them to turn their TV off, which they did. Sleep however was not to be had, because the air conditioning unit made a loud noise when it was on, so all night it cycled on and off, waking us up each time it came on. Miserable first night. I finally turned it off completely and we threw all the covers off because of the heat. The next night was even worse. There was a group of people partying in the next room. TV blaring, loud talking, yelling, etc. Again I called the office and got an answering machine. I figured alcohol was probably involved in the ruckus next door, so I thought it safer not to contact them. At about midnight things quieted down and we went to sleep. At 3:30 am several of the fisherman (?) sat out in the patio next to our rooms and talked and laughed loudly for over an hour. We never went back to sleep after that. My husband and I were exhausted and then had to drive for 5 hours back home. Our enjoyment of our trip was ruined by the lack of management of this hotel to maintain the quietness and the inconsideration of the party people who stay there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends