We were here in the Corpus Christi (CC) area (August 21-26) to celebrate my wife's uncle's 90th birthday. Another aunt and uncle have a second home here in Rockport, and this hotel was just 10 minutes away, so we chose to stay here instead of CC. This property is located within walking distance of the water, but the "bay view" rooms are only on the third floor and then only on the "odd side". We were on the third floor, even side. I would suggest that they drop that "bay view" description from their postings, because even on the third floor, one has to look over the top of the America's Best Value Inn that is adjacent to (and owned by the operators of) this hotel.
Rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable. Pillows are **full size** (not those silly half-size things so many hotels have started using, which are horrible), and the pillowcases indicate whether the pillow itself is "firm" or "soft". A very nice touch. Bath consumables were from Bath & Body Works, my wife's favorites.
Their daily hot breakfast was well stocked with fresh fruit, breads, muffins, bagels, and pastries, and the refrigerator held a nice variety of yogurts and milks, including fat-free. Biscuits and gravy every day, along with eggs (scrambled or foodservice prepared omelets) and either sausage links, patties, or bacon. They have an automatic pancake maker, but no waffle maker (which I personally prefer). The only thing missing from breakfast was a potato item. The breakfast room itself was as clean as the rest of the hotel, and attended to during the entire three hour period.
Our only disappointment was the pool. Knowing we would be coming back to the hotel late each evening, and knowing that heat and humidity are the rule and not the exception here in August, we were hoping to use the pool each night. Unfortunately, we only used the pool once -- by choice. And even then, it was "under protest" so to speak. The water was very cloudy and there was an unusual amount of dirt on the walls and bottom of the pool. When we asked about the condition of the pool, we were told that the pool service person was coming the next day, but if he did come, we didn't see any improvement and never went back to the pool the rest of our five-day stay.
One more note: Parking is unexpectedly limited. If you come back to the hotel after 10pm, expect to park in spaces adjacent to the America's Best Value Inn that adjoins this property. It doesn't seem logical for the city to approve the construction of a hotel and not require a minimum of one parking space per room.
Other than those two less-than-stellar observations, this property is located close to both a Walmart Supercenter and an H-E-B Supermarket. If you can't find what you need at either or both of those stores . . . then you don't really need it! Also close to a variety of fast food restaurants, including the regional favorite Whataburger. So there is no reason for anyone to go hungry while here in Rockport.
I would not hesitate to return to this hotel in the future. Our stay of the third floor was peaceful and relaxing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 2013 TORCHBEARER AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN HOSPITALITY AND SERVICE. We are excited to share that Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG) has awarded the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bay View Rockport with the 2013 Torchbearer Award, it is the highest honor for exceptional quality and guest satisfaction. This prestigious hospitality award goes to the top 3% of all Holiday Inn Express hotels in North America, and is measured by overall guest satisfaction scores. Rockport Hotel's Guests Enjoy Home Away from Home. The Holiday Inn Express(R) Hotel & Suites Rockport - Bay View stands out among Rockport hotels thanks to its convenient location and amenities. Boasting impressive views of Aransas Bay and easy access to local businesses and attractions, this hotel is perfect for your Rockport, TX trip. The hotel's business guests enjoy being near companies that include Pro Build, Kiewit, HEB and Air Logistics, as well as the Paws and Taws Convention Center in Fulton. Free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access makes it easy to stay in touch with clients, and the Business Center is open 24 hours.Leisure guests lodging in Rockport, TX enjoy an abundance of attractions and activities near the hotel. The historic Fulton Mansion provides a glimpse into the late 1800s, and the Texas Maritime Museum educates visitors about the state's rich history. Recreational activities are also popular, and Rockport Beach Park's Blue Wave Beach and Goose Island State Park make it easy to enjoy hiking, biking, picnicking and much more. Enjoy outstanding amenities while lodging in Rockport, TX, including the free Express Start Breakfast Bar and complimentary coffee and cookies in the lobby throughout the day. A 24-hour Fitness Center encourages you to maintain your workout routine, and the outdoor, heated pool is a great place to relax. This 100% smoke-free hotel is ready to welcome you to the Rockport - Fulton area! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rockport / Bay View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Rockport / Bay View
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rockport / Bay View Texas