“Now Allegro Bay”
Review of Hemingways Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Hemingways Bar and Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This is more than just greasy fried fish. Hemingways creates an elegant, yet reasonable menu selection. If you are looking for a place to relax away from the noisy and crowded bars, this is the place to go. The food is spectacular.
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I will upfront by saying that I was hesitant to try a new place where I was used to a level of quality and service from its previous name. Upon entering the piano player greeted us along with the server. We sat at the bar as we had only anticipated to have a few drinks. We decided to venture out and try some food. Unfortunately they were out of boiled shrimp so I opted for the NY Strip steak to test out the quality of their food. I will honestly say that while their steaks may not match its previous quality the taste and price make up for the difference. For $25 I had a very flavorful and nicely cut strip along with sides and a salad. I recommend you try this place as you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank CernaEstates

Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

I literally had the most fabulous time ever! We had Faye, the daughter of the owners, serve us. I was greeted like we had been friends for years. They know my parents (Don and Meredith) really well so everyone came over to our table to welcome us. The piano player was beyond cool and also came over to greet us. I have not had that hospitable of an experience in perhaps EVER! The food was outstanding by the way. This family will do great things with this establishment. You literally feel like a part of their family when you leave. Amazing!!!

1  Thank Jennifer T
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Service was extremely poor. Orders were mixed up. Some finally got their meal when others were already finished. The food was good.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

The owners are fabulous and immediately make you feel welcome. The menu boasts superb selections. The bread is passable but not the quality one would wish to fine. The food was fine, but not as tasty as one would like for the price. The wait staff was disorganized and lost most of the time. It is a new establishment and needs to work on the food and wait staff - time will tell.

1  Thank X73
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Just went to the new Allegro with a gaggle of girlfriends We had a great time. The staff was attentive and the new owner even came out to say hello. We had a bunch of appetizers including mussels, calimari, buffalo wings, etc and it was all great. The mussels were an especially big hit.