“Excellent seafood”

Ranked #27 of 98 Restaurants in Rockport
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Glow is a tiny rustic seaside bistro in Rockport, TX. We strive to find the freshest seafood from Texas fishermen, gently cook it, and share our meals with friends in a relaxed setting.
Weaverville, North Carolina
“Excellent seafood”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

The restaurant is small and the interior is rather nondescript. The night we were there was not busy and as such we had an opportunity to visit with our server. She was very pleasant and enjoyable to talk to. The food (primarily seafood) was well prepared and nicely presented. The menu was limited but had very nice starters and entrees. All in all a very pleasant dining experience

Visited December 2013

austin, TX
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy and relaxing”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I'm a fan of the food and chef, but I will say the wait staff is pretty bad. The food was amazing, we both had the snapper. Mine dairy free and still delicious with a multitude of favors...hard to come by! Our waitress was not the friendliest and had some attitude, but seemed to be trying. The hostess and bus boy just didn't know what they were doing. Overall, the help did not outweigh the delish food. Make a reservation...it is tiny and quaint. If you only want seafood, you may want to call ahead as they only had one fish on the menu, but I bet the meat was awesome too.

Austin, Texas
“Just horrible!”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I truly hate writing bad reviews, especially when it is about a persons livelihood. First let me say we have been to Glow many times since it opened. Although the wait staff has always been arrogant, Chef Butterworth made up for it with her warmth and cooking. Unfortunately, when she is not there things go very badly. Last night was our second time this happened. First the waitress was as cold as the French onion soup we were served. The mom's shrimp was ridiculously bad, the sauce was cold and watery with no flavor. The French onion soup was watery and unseasoned. The snapper was first way under cooked and then came out rubbery, gray in color and way to charred. I was up until later because I was so nauseous from the food. I am sorry to say, never again!

3 Thank AustinTexasBoy
Dallas, Texas
“One of the few Rockport restaurants open on Monday night”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I almost didn't stop, because there were no cars in the parking lot, and I would have thought it was closed except that I had called ahead to confirm that they were open. When I went in I was the only customer in the restaurant. I sat down at the bar that's the first thing one sees upon entering. The bartender was also the one waitress that was working; a couple of other diners took tables while I was there, and she was their waitperson too. The martini she made for me was not very good, a bit watery, and the olives were miniatures. My entree, "mama's shrimp", was quite good, and an interesting combination of shrimp and mashed potatoes. In my view the food was a bit overpriced.

Visited November 2013
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“A lovely restaurant....or is it a bar?”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

If we had only gone once to this lovely little restraunt, it would have definately gotten an Excellent rating, But since we visited the restaurant twice - the lack of consistent quality has me questioning how to rate it. On Saturday we enjoyed good service, a wonderful red snapper, delicious sides and amazing bread pudding We returned on Monday, but found the wait staff much more interested in tending the bar & checking their cell phones than in taking care of the diners. Our meal was so-so and once we even saw a cook have to leave the kitchen to get someone in the bar to serve the food. Glow has everything going for it as far as menu and appearance, but the staff needs to better define what their job should be.