“Not Impressed”

Ranked #31 of 99 Restaurants in Rockport
Price range: US$7 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Glow is a tiny rustic seaside bistro in Rockport, TX. We strive to find the freshest seafood from Texas fishermen, gently cook it, and share our meals with friends in a relaxed setting.
Helotes, Texas
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Not impressed with the way the food was prepared. For amount we paid for the dinner, expected better quality. Over priced, short staffed. Will Not Go Back. Wine $9.00 a glass. We spent $107. including tip.

Visited May 2014
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Fulton, Texas
“Just don't be in a hurry....,”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We were seated promptly at 5:30 when they opened. Left at 7:00. Even though we were the only people there, the kitchen was very slow. I guess maybe they cook everything from scratch?? The fried seafood was wonderful. We absolutely loved the fried shrimp. We also ordered dessert, bread pudding. I can't figure out why it took 20 minutes for it to be delivered. And it was awful - a heavy brick of sodden bread. The sliced bananas were nothing and the caramelized nuts were nothing. Please, everyone in Texas knows how to make bread pudding except Glow. We'll try it again sometime as we always give a place 2 chances to impress us. Glow better step it up next time!

• Visited May 2014
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Absolutely Fabulous”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband and I went to Glow and loved it! It was charming, relaxing, and romantic. The chef and waiters checked on his frequently. The crab cakes were out of this world with both shrimp and crab in them. The homemade bread was crusty and delicious. I had the snapper with crab topping. My husband had mom's shrimp. The table next to us had dessert and continuously raved about the bread pudding. I wish we could have tried it, but had so much food that we couldn't order dessert. Give this place a try. It's worth it. I enjoyed it so much that I ordered the chef's recipe book that evening!

• Visited April 2014
San Antonio, Texas
“Worst service ever”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

2 hour wait for dinner after it was ordered. Rude management. 20% tip mandatory for the worst service. Food mediocre. Don't go here.

2 Thank rusatine
New York
“Rockport Gem”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We love this place. It is a culinary oasis in the town of Rockport. We have been to Glow several times and are never disappointed. The chef often changes the menu but the fried oysters are delicious when available. Also, I recommend the fresh fish of the season - I last had the snapper and it was fantastic. I've seen mixed reviews about the atmosphere but we find it cozy, quiet and romantic. We will continue to go back whenever we're in town.

• Visited March 2014