“FLASH! Tiny seafood restaurant serves wonderful Steaks!”
Review of Glow

Glow
Ranked #27 of 100 Restaurants in Rockport
Price range: US$7 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Glow is a tiny rustic seaside bistro in Rockport, TX. We strive to find the freshest seafood from Texas fishermen, gently cook it, and share our meals with friends in a relaxed setting.
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We just sailed into Rockport and were getting tired of seafood. Decided to try the Glow approach to a strip sirloin. Amazing! Huge! Tender! Tasty! Glow is a tiny and charming coastal restaurant with a brilliant chef. The service was attentive, the wine list is small but brilliant, the food is truly World-Class. We will return, again and again. Near Key Allegro in Rockport, close to Fulton. Good idea to call ahead, open 7 days a week! Amazing. Look for the white dingy hanging over the road, and there you are - an old boat house, now a tiny 12 table bistro! Enjoy!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We visited Glow a couple of years ago and were very pleased but were somewhat surprised to see that in the time since we had last visited, the restaurant had received some less than "Glowing" ratings. We invited friends to go with us last week but warned them that, though we had had a good experience previously, the place had received some less than excellent reviews.

We made reservations and were seated immediately upon arrival. This is not a fast food place so we did not expect fast service and were not disappointed. Our waiter was very courteous and attentive but I felt sorry for him because no less than FIVE times he had to return to our table to apologize because what we had ordered was not available. This included Malbec, bread, mushrooms, calamari, and only one serving of bread pudding. I felt sorry for him but did not feel like shooting the messenger. It seems that it would have been easier to tell us what they DID have rather make it a process of elimination.

The food we finally received was great though portions were small.

I really wish I could give four stars because overall we had a wonderful evening and we will return. The atmosphere is great. Overall a good experience.

1  Thank Beachguy43
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Not impressed with the way the food was prepared. For amount we paid for the dinner, expected better quality. Over priced, short staffed. Will Not Go Back. Wine $9.00 a glass. We spent $107. including tip.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We were seated promptly at 5:30 when they opened. Left at 7:00. Even though we were the only people there, the kitchen was very slow. I guess maybe they cook everything from scratch?? The fried seafood was wonderful. We absolutely loved the fried shrimp. We also ordered dessert, bread pudding. I can't figure out why it took 20 minutes for it to be delivered. And it was awful - a heavy brick of sodden bread. The sliced bananas were nothing and the caramelized nuts were nothing. Please, everyone in Texas knows how to make bread pudding except Glow. We'll try it again sometime as we always give a place 2 chances to impress us. Glow better step it up next time!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband and I went to Glow and loved it! It was charming, relaxing, and romantic. The chef and waiters checked on his frequently. The crab cakes were out of this world with both shrimp and crab in them. The homemade bread was crusty and delicious. I had the snapper with crab topping. My husband had mom's shrimp. The table next to us had dessert and continuously raved about the bread pudding. I wish we could have tried it, but had so much food that we couldn't order dessert. Give this place a try. It's worth it. I enjoyed it so much that I ordered the chef's recipe book that evening!