“Good food, casual, family friendly, a little pricey”
Review of JD's Seafood Restaurant - CLOSED

JD's Seafood Restaurant
Price range: US$6 - US$29
Cuisines: Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Description: JD himself is the chef in this locally owned and operated restaurant serving up local fresh seafood, authentic Philly cheesesteaks, Mediterraean salads, Blackened Redfish Ponchatrain with Crawfish Etouffee, chicken fried steaks including fried cheesecake and deep fried bananas.....Come see us!
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Our family visited JD's. It is very casual and small. However, staff was courteous with nice variety of food. The seafood and steaks were well prepared and tasty. We will definitely return. Parking lot is small so you may want to park along side street. Prices are a little higher than normally seen in Rockport but in line with quality of food. Enjoy.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We decided to try out JD's since my son wanted seafood. The service was good and the fish was cooked very well. The restaurant has small town deco and there was more space than I expected. The menu is was a little too expensive for our taste. For that much money I do not expect the soda can to be handed to me. For a community with a lot of seafood restaurants to choose from, we will probably not go back. We really miss the Big Fisherman too bad it closed.

2  Thank Rachel M
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Food too expensive. Atmosphere tacky.
Not much food and menu trying to compare to some exclusive resort restaurant and "it is not".
We got an assortment of food and all if us were disappointed. Stupidly ordered a canoli for dessert (because we were still hungry) and it too was horrible.

PS. If you want wine or some other alcoholic beverage. TAKE YOUR OWN , they do not have a liquor license.

3  Thank Matcar16
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Hubby and I went there last Friday. Food is expensive but was worth it. Three waitresses, 1 real young and friendly. Other 2 were totally irritated that they had to talk to anyone. Horrible!

2  Thank Sarah J
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Went here this past week with my family...everything was great! The kids even liked their kids' meals! I had the flounder and it was great! Mom and hubby had the Super Seafood Platter and it made to meals for my mom! Service was friendly and prompt. Bathrooms and restaurant areas were all very clean! Pricey but good portions. They make their own chips too! Yum! Atmosphere is very casual and they didnt seem to mind our kids (4, 5, 10 & 15). A great dining experience!

3  Thank Becky S