“Dont waste hard earned money here.”
Review of JD's Seafood Restaurant - CLOSED

JD's Seafood Restaurant
Price range: US$6 - US$29
Cuisines: Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Description: JD himself is the chef in this locally owned and operated restaurant serving up local fresh seafood, authentic Philly cheesesteaks, Mediterraean salads, Blackened Redfish Ponchatrain with Crawfish Etouffee, chicken fried steaks including fried cheesecake and deep fried bananas.....Come see us!
“Dont waste hard earned money here.”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Its breaded frozen and not well prepared. Stuffed flouder is not supposed to taste freezer-burned. Very expensive pricectag when HEB carries much better frozen seafood. Never going back

• Visited July 2014
5 Thank climber1981
JDProprietor, Owner at JD's Seafood Restaurant, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
climber 81......My seafood is NOT pre breaded...it is NOT frozen after breading it.....my FLOUNDER IS NOT FREEZER BURNED. IF you had a problem you should have told me or the manager and we have fixed any problem you had.
HEB of course has better prices on seafood.....but I don't believe they will cook it or bring it to your table.
ANYONE who knows my restaurant knows we have very fresh seafood and WE DO NOT PRE-BREAD ANYTHING......we bread EVERYTHING to order.

“Don't waste your time on this place”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The menu was very scarce and there was no choice in the offering. For instance I ordered the Fish platter and it came with one fish fillet (blackened, grilled, fried), hushpuppies, fries, and coleslaw. There was no "pick two sides" or anything like that. No one in my family was satisfied with their meals except for the chicken fried steak platter, if you do go, get that!!!! The seafood is priced extremely high for what it is! I've honestly had better frozen fish than this place. And the coleslaw had raisins in it, RAISANS!!! Disgusting! I was neither full nor satisfied with the service when we left! I can't understand why the place was sooo busy...it was tiny, outdated, and icky.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank S C
I'm not sure why you think cole slaw with raisins is disgusting??? It's a southern dish. We do have choices for your platters. Fried okra, sweet fries, etc.......

Also my restaurant is not "icky" nor tiny.....we seat 90-100people. If there was a problem with your food it should have brought to the attention of myself or my manager.
The "one fish fillet" you mentioned is over a 1/2 lb piece of fish. That is almost twice as big as anyone else offers.

I certainly appreciate constructive criticism but do not understand why you would be so derogatory about my restaurant....
New Braunfels, Texas
“Good food, casual, family friendly, a little pricey”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Our family visited JD's. It is very casual and small. However, staff was courteous with nice variety of food. The seafood and steaks were well prepared and tasty. We will definitely return. Parking lot is small so you may want to park along side street. Prices are a little higher than normally seen in Rockport but in line with quality of food. Enjoy.

• Visited July 2014
Austin, Texas, United States
“Good service and food quality but Expensive.”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We decided to try out JD's since my son wanted seafood. The service was good and the fish was cooked very well. The restaurant has small town deco and there was more space than I expected. The menu is was a little too expensive for our taste. For that much money I do not expect the soda can to be handed to me. For a community with a lot of seafood restaurants to choose from, we will probably not go back. We really miss the Big Fisherman too bad it closed.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Rachel M
Cuero TX
“No way will have go back”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Food too expensive. Atmosphere tacky.
Not much food and menu trying to compare to some exclusive resort restaurant and "it is not".
We got an assortment of food and all if us were disappointed. Stupidly ordered a canoli for dessert (because we were still hungry) and it too was horrible.

PS. If you want wine or some other alcoholic beverage. TAKE YOUR OWN , they do not have a liquor license.

3 Thank Matcar16