“Best breakfast in town.”

The Original Vallarta Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 101 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I was introduced to this great Mexican restaurant by my duck hunting guide in Rockport, TX after a successful mornings hunt in the fall of 2013. My guide and another guide were going out for breakfast and I asked if I could come along. I was glad I did. The breakfast was a combination of traditional American and Mexican foods. Service was fast and the food came hot to our table and with generous portions. I was so impressed by the food and service that when I returned to Rockport in March 2014 to go fishing and to attend the Fulton Oysterfest I took my lady Carole to Breakfast at the Original Vallarta. Service was a little slow that day but the restaurant was also packed with hungry customers. When our breakfast finally did arrive it was hot and tasty as before. If you didn't know this restaurant existed you might just drive on by as the exterior is nothing fancy. The inside is very utilitarian with a very down home feel to it. A sign of a good restaurant is a full parking lot and everytime I have driven past this restaurant the lot was crowded.

1  Thank Fred B

Reviewed 7 February 2014

A friend and I stopped by and had a good filling Breakfast at Vallarta. Located in an old building on the main drag between Rockport and Aransas Pass. Busy place filled with locals. No atmosphere but good eats
I had Huevos Rancheros they were as good as you can get. My friend had the migas plate and he said it was great. We took the wives Breakfast Tacos as a to/go and they said the tacos were excellent. I will be back.

1  Thank ozarklandman
Reviewed 9 August 2013

There were lots of cars in the parking lot every time we drove by this place on two trips to Rockport this summer, but we always hesitated eating there because it is not the most visually appealing place. Our family did decide to eat there for a Sunday lunch on our most recent trip, and we weren't disappointed. The food is authentic Mexican food and tastes homemade. Service was good and prompt, albeit we were there at a less busy time. Most of the customers appeared to be locals with a few hardcore fishermen mixed in. This place is obvisously not as "touristy" as many of the restaurants in the Rockport/Fulton area that try to attract with flash and glimmer, with providing good food at a good value being secondary many times. The Original Vallarta has both good food and good value, without the touristy flash.

2  Thank KerrMike
Reviewed 24 August 2012

My family and I love coming here for a good REAL Mexican breakfast. I had the chorizo, egg and cheese breakfast taco and my mom had the migas plate, we both agreed it was worth going to!

Reviewed 19 June 2012

From the minute we walked in the door, we were treated very rudely, stuck in a back room by ourselves and the service we received was almost as bad as the food. We are huge fans of REAL Mexican food (not Tex-Mex) so we were really looking forward to going here. Unfortunately, this is not the place for us or anyone looking for a great place to take the family on vacation.

3  Thank GollyGeeBeaver