Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton(Rockport)(Great Value!)
US$166
  • Free Internet
US$106
Harbour Inn(Rockport)(Great Value!)
US$102
Pelican Bay Resort(Rockport)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$131
  • Beachfront
US$117
TripAdvisor
Sea View Motel(Rockport)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewspalm roomrocking chairsstarbucks coffeecaptain's suitearansas bayshrimp boatsfishsausagefirst floorwafflesboiling potseparate bedroomenjoy the viewfull kitchenhot tubwhooping cranetexas coast
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Our room was hot on arrival, smelled musty and moldy. Bathroom shower head leaked a lot from thread connection and had mold on roof of bathroom. Room itself was dirty and needed a good vacuum. Peanuts on the floor from previous guest. Beds slept well and the Breakfast was excellent. Pier got crowded so the kids never wet a line. Pool was good and hotel personel were friendly. All in all not a bad experience but could have been better. really needs an upgrade in carpets and painting. I understand the climate effects on the coast and it's a lot to keep up with but lower your price for the value. At best I would rate this a 3 star. My number is more a 2.5. Please don't go by the pictures on the web site.

Room Tip: Plenty of places to eat within walking distance.
1  Thank marty_henneke
liabgm, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2011

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. With the temps in the mid 90’s and the heat index around 105 you are correct about how the climate effects the hotel. That being said there is no excuse for the Housekeeping staff not keeping up with the cleanliness issues and the leaking shower head. These are day to day issues that have been addressed with the staff. We replaced our first floor hallway carpet along with new wainscot in May. We are constantly doing touch painting in our rooms but from your description we need to improve there as well. Again, thank you for telling us about your stay.

Reviewed 18 July 2011

I stay at a lot of 5 star hotels for work and this hotel is nearly as good without some of the 5 star luxuries (no bellmen, concierge) etc. The hotel is well kept, however, some of the TVs are the old style. Breakfast was good and includes eggs and waffles. Fishing was fun at the lighted pier and its nice having a bait shop next door. We caught a lot of sea trout on live shrimp, however most were less than 15 inches with just a few keepers. I would stay there again. Also, the beach in Rockport is very nice.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
liabgm, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2011

We are so glad that you feel so strongly about us. We will have to work on the fish for you though. Last week a guest caught a 40 lb. Drum from our pier, so we know there are some big ones out there. The Rockport Beach Park is the only “Blue Wave” (extra clean) beach in Texas. We are glad you enjoyed the beach as well. Thanks again for the comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 16 July 2011

Room was hot when we arrived and smelled musty and like a mildew odor. Couch had an odor to it, and we did not sit on it. We also experienced an ant problem while we were there in the living room area.
Tho last year when we stayed there we did not have any problems with the room. This trip we were disappointed with our stay there.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo

We are so sorry that this trip was a disappointment. I too am disappointed that my staff didn’t leave the AC on in your room prior to your arrival. It makes a huge difference when the moist sea air coming off Aransas Bay is not cooled. We will also look into the ant problem you experienced. I hope when you reported these issues to the front desk staff, they responded properly and took corrective action. This is something I will work on with me team as well. Thank you for your candid comments.

Reviewed 13 July 2011

We will definitely go back to this hotel. The place was beautiful, and the view incredible with the bay right outside of our balcony! The place had much character, and we enjoyed fishing off of the pier. The people that worked at the hotel were some of the most pleasant and helpful ones that I've seen including the front desk, wait staff, and maids. The only negative that I saw was that one of the bathroom doors did not lock and that the parking lot was at times so full that you needed to park across the street. However, the hotel was so nice that those two things are easily overlooked. I'm looking forward to staying here next summer!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
liabgm, Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2011

Thank you for the great review. I especially appreciate your comments about the hotel staff. We work very hard at providing good, professional customer service while maintaining a fun and relaxed atmosphere. We will have the bathroom door lock fixed immediately. We do own the lot across the street and yes, it is used almost every weekend in the summer for over flow and boat/trailer parking. Thanks as well for sharing your pictures with us. We do enjoy seeing our guest having fun at the hotel. We look forward to your next visit to the Lighthouse Inn.

Reviewed 13 July 2011

This is the 2nd time we have stayed here and we love it more and more each time. I booked the room several months in advance since it is the busy season. I really wanted a ground floor room facing the water and even suggested bribing the manager if he would make sure that happened for me. He rejected the bribe, and of course, he knew I was joking anyway. He said if someone checked out in time, I would have the ground floor room I wanted. As it turned out, we were given our room key and we were staying in a suite complete with full kitchen and separate bedroom. I never dreamed of such! It was amazing. Sitting around the bar visiting with other patrons in the afternoon is one of the highlights of this place - everyone has their story and comes there often. If you have a chance, walk across the street and tour the Fulton mansion - we are still talking about that tour! The people who work at the hotel are lovely people.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
liabgm, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2011

We are so glad that your 2nd stay was as good as the first. I remember talking to you about the “bribe”. And I am pleased that we got you on the first floor. You couldn’t get much closer to the fishing pier then the room you were in. Thank you for sharing the picture of the beautiful sunrise. Prospective guests call us and ask if we are really on the water. Your picture shows that YES we are!! Thanks for mentioning the Palm Room Bar, we serve the best Martinis in town and our customers are a lot of fun! The entire staff appreciates your kind comments about them as well. We look forward to your 3rd visit!