“F/U to First Review”

Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Rockport
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Location & view are up there with the best along the Texas coast. Our two room suite was cozy, nicely decorated and an excellent value. We had mentioned some problems in our first review which were annoying but not major. I told the manger about my concerns and she handled them in a most commendable way. Her charm and willingness to please figures strongly in this final rating, my willingness to return and whether I would recomend the Inn. I have already recommended the Inn to several friends and I am planning another visit in the spring.

Room Tip: Ask for a Bay view room. It is a bit more expensive but well worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gdk2011
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful follow up review about stay. I am very pleased to see that we were able to resolve the problems you encountered. I am glad to hear that Judy took the appropriate action. Thank you as well for your recommendations. We will all look forward to seeing you when you return in the spring

Reviewed 6 October 2013

The hotel itself was beautiful because of the awesome view of the bay and the only hotel worth staying in Rockport. Check-in was great! Gloria had great customer service and was very friendly. Check Out was not as great. The room was Ok, It was very humid no matter how we adjusted the temp. Because of the humidity my asthma was acting up. We had roaches in the bathroom and kitchen, I did bring it to the attention of the Housekeeping Supervisor when I saw her in the hallway and she assured me it would be taken care of. I left to let housekeeping clean. I returned later in the day and yes the dead roach in the kitchen was picked up but later towards the evening I did see another roach in the bathroom. I also noticed the Palm Room, the same lady that was taking the order was also the cook? Well we noticed that and we left to another restaurant. Breakfast was Great!! Now was Check-out time... I brought up the problem to the Nita only for her to cut me off and continue talking about the cc charge. I guess she cared about collecting the money more.She didn't acknowledge the problem at all in fact it was Ignored!

1  Thank cathyhAustin_Texas
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I appreciate your candid comments and have addressed each issue with the departments and individuals involved. We work very hard at providing excellent customer service and it is disappointing when we fall short. With your comments and input we can only improve in the future.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Nice hotel. Decent size rooms, nice staff. The hotel bar was nice, we stayed poolside and loved it. Big pool and hot tub. The private pier was nice at night. Free breakfast in the morning, it was very nice with a great view of the ocean. Would definitely stay here again!

1  Thank jennayoung
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review about your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that you had an enjoyable visit. We all look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a few days of adult time. We really enjoyed the place. We went basically for its location to the water. We spent most of our time sitting by the water and watching the pelicans and seagulls. Our room was very clean and daily service was efficient. There was one small problem with a leak in our room but the staff handled it efficiently. The front desk staff was pleasant. We stayed mid-week through the weekend. There was a family reunion hosted there on the weekend so it did get busier but we still enjoyed our time. They have a small library area if you like to sit and read. The breakfast buffet was adequate, two types eggs, sausage, tortillas, waffles, dry cereal and sometimes fruit. We really enjoyed our stay and plan to return.

1  Thank 1027rm
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review about your recent stay. I am very pleased that you spent your time by the water enjoying the wildlife. On your next visit you should bring your fishing poles and try our pier. I apologize for the leak in your room. I am glad that the staff was able to fix the problem. We will all look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

My wife and I first visited the Lighthouse Inn last January. We were pleased with our trip then and returned again for 3 nights in September. The weather was cooperative so I enjoyed a couple of days fishing off the hotel pier. The friendly pelicans would walk right up and beg for the smaller fish I caught. We watched dolphins and shrip boats come and go. Very relaxing. The breakfast buffet was excellent. My favorite is the waffles. The staff at breakfast and all throuhout the hotel were friendly and helpful. Our room faced the pool garden and was very nicely appointed and clean. We will certainly be back now that we have rediscovered this gem.

Room Tip: We prefer the ground floor rooms so you can walk out into the garden on the poolside.
1  Thank hrockwood
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review about your 2nd stay at the Lighthouse Inn. I am glad that you had a chance to fish from our pier with some nice weather. The fishing has been pretty good lately and will only get better in October when the Redfish are more active in our area. The entire staff appreciates your kind comments. We all hope that you will return to Rockport very soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

We've been staying at the Light House for about 8 years. We love the understated quality and design that reflects the feel and architecture from mid century East Coast. Only complaint is that the quality of the breakfast buffet has declined considerably as they have eliminated a lot of things. Beds are nice and the staff is great.

Room Tip: Our favorite is bay side first floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Troy, thank you for writing this wonderful review about your most recent stay. I greatly appreciate your loyalty of 8 years. Your comments about the staff were warmly received. We are constantly making changes to the breakfast offerings. As we take some items away we always try to add something new and different. We will continue working on improving what we offer. Thank you as well for sharing your pictures with us. It is always nice to get a “guests eye view” of our property. We ALL look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

It was our 10th year anniversary. We have been there three times already and always have a great time staff is awesome breakfast is great!! I would highly recommend this place...the view from bayside room is priceless and the staff is wonderful. Why buy a place when you can stay at the Lighthouse Inn.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank texas44waco
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review about your 2nd stay at the Lighthouse Inn. I am pleased that you were able to come down for the 25th Hummerbird Celebration. It was a great weekend for birding with many varieties of Hummingbirds in the area. I appreciate your kind comments about the hotel and the staff. We are all looking forward to your 3rd visit. We hope it is very soon.
The Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton
#17 of 20 in Rockport
Plantation Suites
Plantation Suites
#5 of 20 in Port Aransas

Been to Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay? Share your experiences!