“Vacation in Rockport”

Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Rockport
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My husband and I stayed four nights at this hotel in one of the suites overlooking the bay. The location was great and the complimentary breakfast was nicer than most hotels. Management really should start upgrading carpeting, bedding, and furniture as you can tell it has been a while since this has been done. Still a good value and we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review about your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed our location and the breakfast buffet offerings. We do get a lot of compliments on both. You may have noticed while you were here that we are replacing the flooring in the lobby, bar and elevator areas. On May 30th we will be receiving 42 new sleeper sofa and recliners for our suites. We are looking at the fall for more upgrades. Your input is greatly appreciated. We look forward to your next visit.
Sincerely

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We have stayed at the Lighthouse several times in the past year....we love it there! The rooms overlooking the bay are soooo relaxing! We enjoyed the early morning sunrise with coffee and the evenings with a glass of wine. The Palm Room serves limited appetizers and meals so no need to leave the hotel. Complimentary breakfast is always a plus and always lots of coffee and hot water for hot tea. Just a very nice, quiet place to be! Jackie at the Front Desk was most helpful, as was Michelle in the Palm Room! We will be back!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Alice, thank you wiring this wonderful review. Your kind words about Jackie and Michelle are greatly appreciated. They represent our hotel and staff well. It is very important for you to know when you come to our hotel that you can relax and unwind. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We spent 2 nights at the Lighthouse Inn and had a wonderful time. The room was a king suite with a seperate bedroom with a door leading to the living area. A sofa (hide-a-bed) and recliner pluse end tables and tv made up the living room. There was a full kitchen with utensils and dinnerware should you want to cook. Breakfast was included which consisted of eggs, waffles, fresh fruit, sausage, ham and hot biscuits along with coffee, tea, hot chocolate and fruit juices. Dinner at night was reasonable and good. The fried shrimp was crispy and fresh. The employees were very friendly and helpful. A nice fishing pier was there for all quests, along with a gazebo that one could take snacks out to and enjoy the evening sunset. The pool was large and clean and the hot tub was a nice treat after a long day. The patio had 2 rockers which we used to have a drink and unwind. A wonderful stay. I would highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 8, which was pool side right across from the gate into the pool. Couldn't ask...
1  Thank kivec
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review about your recent stay. I appreciate you describing your accommodations in such detail. Some guest look at our pictures and don’t get a real understanding of what the rooms really consist of. I am very pleased that the hot tub and rockers helped you to unwind. That is what we are here for!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I cannot get this lovely old hotel out of my mind. I loved the feel of this place. The hotel kind of reminded me of that hotel in the old Stanley Kubrick film "The Shining", but there was nothing scary about it. Our room was on the 2nd floor overlooking the bay. We watched the fishing boats go out in the morning and come in in the evening. We saw dolphins playing in the bay. Everything you would visit this region for was within short driving distance. We are glad we stayed in the less-touristy town of Rockport rather than Port Aransas. We had no complaints about the hotel breakfast. Staff was helpful and very friendly.
There was a cockroach siting, but it was very dead. I have two minor complaints: the slightly moldy odor of the place, but given the age of the hotel I am sure that can't be helped that much. Also, the railing on the decks was higher than we could see over setting in the comfortable rockers. These things did not detract from our overall enjoyment of our stay. I would stay at no other place if or when I return to Rockport.

Room Tip: Choose rooms that face the bay.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful view about your stay. The Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado was the hotel used in the filming of “The Shining”. It also has a white exterior and Red roof. It is a “Georgian Style” hotel and we are a “Victorian Style” hotel. The Stanley has lots of snow in the winter, we have the gorgeous bay ALL year long. But there are many similarities. We too are glad you decided to stay in Rockport. We are less touristy and you can always make a day trip to Port A or Corpus Christi. I must apologize for the dead roach. However it is evidence that our exterminating contractor is doing their job. The railing are built to safety codes and the rockers make it tough to get the best view but is sounds as though you still enjoyed sitting out there and relaxing. I hope you will have the opportunity to return very soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I would be forced to stay somewhere else. The first problem was the room was not clean; the sink needed attention and there was an full, open Whataburger disposable cup on the window seal. The room was terribly humid but, I have to confess, I didn't initially look close enough at the thermostat to realize the AC was off and it was only running the fan. In the morning, when you might hope to have a quiet breakfast overlooking the bay, I was required to endure a very loud and rancious exchange between hotel breakfast staff and a couple of contractors having breakfast. But the worst, the most inexcusable was the false advertising regarding the avaialability of Wi-FI; The hotel advertises same. I arrived at the room at 10:00 pm following a business meeting and need to get a couple of hours of work done on the computer before a morning deadline. The Wi-Fi was non-existant. I called the front desk who said they were having problems but would reboot and it would work in 20 minutes. I waited 45 minutes and called back only to be told that they forgot and would get to it immeadiately. They did call back reporting all was fine but it wasn't; service was highly intermitant, as in it lost connections every minute or two making it impossible to maintain a VPN (remote access) connection. I called the front desk to ask if there was a room that would have a better signal. I was invited to work in the lobby area which at midnight after getting ready for bed was a viable option. When I checked out, they were very nice and even took $40 off the bill but.... that is really meaningless. I was traveling on business with a corporate account; the $40 doesn't mean anything to me and did nothing to mitigate the fact that I missed an important deadline with an important cleint. This hotel may or may not work for vacation travelers but can not be relied upon by business travelers.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert H
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Robert, Thank you for writing this review about your stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the condition of your room as well as the lack of consistent Wi-Fi signal. There is no excuse for either. I have reviewed the lack of cleanliness with the housekeeping staff. They understand that when they don’t complete their job in the guest room it has an adverse effect on us all. I have called in our IT specialist to work on strengthening the Wi-Fi signal and eliminate any loss of signal. I appreciate you letting us know of these shortcomings so we can improve our service for future guest. Thank you

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We spent a Sunday and Monday at the Lighthouse Inn in Rockport, Tx. The Inn sits right on the water and has a great fishing pier for guests. We had a very pretty room on the top (3rd) floor that looked out on the bay. The rooms are average size with a comfortable bed and nice furnishings. The hotel staff were all very pleasant and helpful. It has a nice little bar just off the lobby and next to the breakfast area. A nice hot breakfast is included. We met some very nice folks fishing on the pier and enjoyed their company. We walked around the area and had a nice lunch on the water. This is a great weekend getaway place. We loved it.

Room Tip: Request bay view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim J
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. I am please you had an enjoyable stay. The staff appreciates your kind comments. It is nice to be recognized for being pleasant and helpful. We can’t wait for your return visit!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The hotel is immaculate on the outside, pool area, and lobby. I loved siitting in the rocking chair on my patio and laying on a chaise by the water. However, when you enter the door that separates the lobby from the rooms, it smells damp and old. The rooms are outdated and really need some attention. It is very close to everything in town and has a wonderful pier, so if you are not spending much time in your room I would definitely stay here.

Room Tip: A first floor room is great so you can walk outside and enjoy the pier.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write this candid review about your recent stay. Thank you for the kind comments about the property. I hope you noticed that we are in the process of replacing the flooring in the lobby, bar and elevator areas. Earlier this year we modified the Armoires and refinished all of the case goods in every room. These are just a part of this year’s upgrades that also include, in June, new sleeper sofa and recliners in all of the Captain Suites. We are also looking forward at some changes in the breakfast area. We look forward to your next visit and hope you notice the improvements.
The Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton
#17 of 20 in Rockport
Plantation Suites
Plantation Suites
#5 of 20 in Port Aransas

Been to Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay? Share your experiences!