“Perfect for fishing and sight seeing alike”

Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Rockport
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I want to first thank Michelle at the front desk for being so very nice. Then I want to thank max who is in the maintenance department. What a great guy. He greeted me every time I was around him. My husband said it doesn't get any better than an early breakfast and then a cup of coffee in one hand and rod and reel in the other relaxing at the end of the pier just outside the back door. And to top it off at the end of the day we were able to dolphin watch on the pier. I just don't have anything negative to say about this hotel. It was wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank fritztown
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review about your recent stay. I appreciate the kind words about the staff members that you named. I will pass your comments on to them. We want you to be able to relax and enjoy your time here at the hotel and the surrounding area. It sounds as though you did just that. We ALL look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Upon arrival the front desk said I didn't have a reservation but then discovered that they had given my room to someone who claimed to be me. They had not checked his ID. They did give us a comparable room but it was on the second floor. The Captain’s Suite seemed small. Lots of dings and scratches in the paint. It is not the pristine accommodations I had expected. But everyone was very nice. The breakfast was yummy. Great location within easy walk of several restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank B75B-gm
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this candid review about your stay with us. Please except my sincerest apologies for the mix up with your reservation. We generally get a picture ID and a credit card upon check in. I will have to research this with my front desk staff to get the entire story as to what they did to allow this to happen. I am pleased that you enjoyed most of the rest of the hotel. We take all of our guest’s comments seriously and appreciate your input.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Hotel was super clean and right off the water. There are plenty of beautiful areas to relax on the hotel property! The breakfast was great with plenty of variety. The staff was awesome! Leslie, part of the breakfast staff was so helpful and polite. She made sure everyone had what they needed, offered to fill up coffee at table and was just very pleasant to all. Hotel is walking distance to many bar and grills and restaurants. Pool area was great and they even have a separate area if you want to BBQ on their gas grills. Again.... Super clean! Very relaxing! Rockport Beach is literally a 2 min. Drive away!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. Leslie appreciates your kind comments as do the rest of the hotel staff. Thank you as well for pointing out how close we are to so many thing to do and see. We all hope you will come and visit us again very soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We had a 2 night stay here to celebrate our anniversary. The property and rooms are clean and well kept. We had a bay side suite that had a very nice balcony with rocking chairs. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They have great rates for special occasions!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the bay side where we could sit on the rockers on the balcony and watch the dolphins.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review about your recent stay. We are so pleased that you chose to spend your anniversary with us. Congratulations on another year of marriage. We hope you will return soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My first visit to the Lighthouse Inn was a pleasure. It feels like staying in a Florida Resort with it's old style charm and ambiance. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Sitting outside the room in rocking chairs while enjoying coffee and pastries in the morning was memorable. The free breakfast buffet was good, the coffee was great. An excellent bar with good food was an unexpected delight. The pool and hotel grounds were well kept and enjoyable. It was easy to have a great night's sleep. This was the most relaxing hotel experience I have had in Texas.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JustEd2014
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review about your first visit to the Lighthouse Inn. Relaxing with quality service and accommodations is what we are all about. We appreciate you recognizing that. We all hope that this stay was the first of many to come.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

This was the 3rd time staying at the Light House Inn and as usual it did not disappoint. We live in San Antonio and Rockport is our little getaway to the coast. All the staff from the front desk to housekeeping are friendly and helpful. Angie on the bar is a added pleasure. The hotel is well maintained and clean. The food ordered over the bar has a limited menu but is good and well served. While here this time we used the excercise room on the 2nd floor - what a pleasure. The room is surrounded by windows facing the bay. One hour on the treadmill was a breeze. Also two wall TVs to watch if wanted. This hotel has an excellent rating from both me and my husband right down to the clean rooms and excellent service. We will be returning. Don't miss out on this gem!! ***** 5 stars from us

Room Tip: Book a Bayview room - a must view is just great
1  Thank Ipsjen
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Thank you so much for writing this wonderful review about your third visit with us. I share ALL of our reviews with the hotel staff and they really appreciated your kind comments. I am glad that you had the opportunity to use the exercise room. The view is one of a kind! We can’t wait for your next visit.
Sincerely

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Very nice facility. Beautiful and well kept grounds that were pleasing and gave an relaxing atmosphere. The interior of the common areas were impressive. The room is hotel style (not a condo) but it was great for just my husband and I. The room had a private balcony that we enjoyed sitting on with the hotel rocking chairs and relaxing, watching the boots and water. The bed could have been a bit nicer, it was comparable to a typical motel bed and was hard and not as comfortable as I would have liked, but that is my only complaint. The staff at the hotel were extremely nice, helpful and went out of their way to make sure we had a good short stay. The location is perfect. Fishing, shops, restaurants and the local beach all within 10 minutes. My husband and I are looking forward to another trip in the near future.

Room Tip: Book in advance for either a bay room or a pool view. Our room was hotel style layout, but comforta...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review about your first stay with us. I am so pleased that you were able to relax and enjoy everything the hotel and surrounding area has to offer. The entire hotel staff appreciates your comments as well. It show their hard work does pay off. I am sorry that the bed was not up to your expectations. Your input is important to us. We look forward to your next visit.
The Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Hampton Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton
#1 of 4 in Fulton
Hunt's Castle Hotel
Hunt's Castle Hotel
#17 of 20 in Rockport

Been to Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay? Share your experiences!