“Great place to stay!”

Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Rockport
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

This was our first visit to The Lighthouse inn and to Rockport. Upon arrival, the staff was friendly and got us checked in quickly. The room was very nice and clean. The breakfast was very good. We will be coming back.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lori M
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review about your first visit to our hotel. I hope you were able to go around town and see everything Rockport-Fulton has to offer. We ALL look forward to your next visit!
The Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My family and I always meet up in Rockport during the summer. Since my husband and I were coming into town a day earlier than the rest of our family, we decided to try this hotel out. I have had family stay at this hotel before and I always was told how nice their stay was.

The first thing that I always do when staying at a hotel is check the bed for cleanliness. When we arrived to room 12, in one of the middle layers of sheets there were small silver beads everywhere and the bottom sheet was stained. This showed me that the sheets had not been changed. My husband used the restroom and the toilet did not flush. Because of these problems we asked for assistance at the front desk and they decided to move us to room 18 because of the restroom problem.

When we arrived to room 18, I checked the sheets again and this time I found bread crumbs and stained sheets again. Not only were the sheets dirty there were toe nail clippings and a streak of greenish/brown stuff on the tub. I went to the front desk and ask for our sheets to be changed out and the housekeeper was behind the front desk, so she told us that she’ll change them out. As we were leaving for dinner, the housekeeper walked in with a handful of blankets and asked us if we would like the bedding to be completely changed and I replied that would be great. When we got back to our rooms around 9 pm, I checked the bed to find the crumbs and the stains still. The bed was made again without anything getting changed out.

We went to the reception desk and was told that there was no housekeeper on staff at the moment and was handed blankets so we can change it out ourselves. We decided to ask for a refund and went down the street to stay at another establishment.

All I asked for is a clean bed to sleep in. I didn’t even mention the toe nail clippings and smudge on the tub.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write this candid review about your stay. Please accept my apology for the condition of the rooms and the lack of response from my staff. I share ALL guest comments with my team and will use your to remind them of how important it is to job our jobs right the first time.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The Lighthouse is awesome! The staff, the breakfast, the decor, can't be beat anywhere in Fulton or Rockport! We love to stay here. The price is great for what you get! The staff is VERY accommodating and greets everyone! It is the perfect vacation spot!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jane C
Jane, thank you so much for the wonderful review. I appreciate you pointing out the hotel staff as accommodating and friendly. We work hard to provide a higher level of service and it is nice to be noticed. We look forward to you returning to your perfect vacation spot!
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 4 July 2014

What a wonderful place! My sisters and I have stayed here often and the beautiful bay view is hard to beat. The staff are always friendly and accommodating and this certainly isn't your typical complimentary breakfast! We plan on enjoying our trips here for years to come.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank redbird1111
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thank you so much for this wonderful review about your most recent visit. I am so please that you and your sister continue to enjoy coming to visit our hotel. The entire staff is looking forward to your next visit!

Fredericksburg, Texas
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I want to first thank Michelle at the front desk for being so very nice. Then I want to thank max who is in the maintenance department. What a great guy. He greeted me every time I was around him. My husband said it doesn't get any better than an early breakfast and then a cup of coffee in one hand and rod and reel in the other relaxing at the end of the pier just outside the back door. And to top it off at the end of the day we were able to dolphin watch on the pier. I just don't have anything negative to say about this hotel. It was wonderful.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank fritztown
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review about your recent stay. I appreciate the kind words about the staff members that you named. I will pass your comments on to them. We want you to be able to relax and enjoy your time here at the hotel and the surrounding area. It sounds as though you did just that. We ALL look forward to your next visit.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Upon arrival the front desk said I didn't have a reservation but then discovered that they had given my room to someone who claimed to be me. They had not checked his ID. They did give us a comparable room but it was on the second floor. The Captain’s Suite seemed small. Lots of dings and scratches in the paint. It is not the pristine accommodations I had expected. But everyone was very nice. The breakfast was yummy. Great location within easy walk of several restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank B75B-gm
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this candid review about your stay with us. Please except my sincerest apologies for the mix up with your reservation. We generally get a picture ID and a credit card upon check in. I will have to research this with my front desk staff to get the entire story as to what they did to allow this to happen. I am pleased that you enjoyed most of the rest of the hotel. We take all of our guest’s comments seriously and appreciate your input.
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Hotel was super clean and right off the water. There are plenty of beautiful areas to relax on the hotel property! The breakfast was great with plenty of variety. The staff was awesome! Leslie, part of the breakfast staff was so helpful and polite. She made sure everyone had what they needed, offered to fill up coffee at table and was just very pleasant to all. Hotel is walking distance to many bar and grills and restaurants. Pool area was great and they even have a separate area if you want to BBQ on their gas grills. Again.... Super clean! Very relaxing! Rockport Beach is literally a 2 min. Drive away!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. Leslie appreciates your kind comments as do the rest of the hotel staff. Thank you as well for pointing out how close we are to so many thing to do and see. We all hope you will come and visit us again very soon.

The Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Hampton Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton
#1 of 4 in Fulton
BEST WESTERN Port Aransas
BEST WESTERN Port Aransas
#1 of 19 in Port Aransas

Been to Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay? Share your experiences!