“Another great stay!”

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Rockport
Henderson,Texas
“Another great stay!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

As always another great stay at our favorite place to stay while in Rockport. The staff always makes our stay very enjoyable and stress free. Clean rooms and beautiful grounds. We always seem to stay a little longer than planned and enjoy the beautiful bay view. Highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank patandbea
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Bea and Patrick, thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review about your most recent stay. It was good to have the opportunity to chat with you while you were here. I am pleased that we continue to meet your expectations. I will pass your comments along to the rest of the staff. We all look forward to your next visit!
The Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The below has also been sent to Lighthouse Management- and I am optomistic that improvements will follow? However- it is being shared so you know before making your reservation.
We stayed there for the 4th of July weekend (3 nights) while also celebrating our wedding anniversary. We had been there 5 years prior for our honeymoon and wanted to "go back where it all started". That being said the condition of our room was disappointing.
Upon check in we were told that we had a 2nd story bay facing room as we weaved our way to the room the moldy and sour smell of the hallways was a bit of a yucky welcome. As we walked into the room (#51) the smell followed. The balcony dead bolt lock was broken and my husband had to finagle the door to finally get it open. The drawstring curtain on the patio door was broken and would only partially open and the rod hung on by a thread (picture attached). The towel rack in the bathroom was also broken (picutre attached) and the rod fell to the floor multiple times with the weight of the towel. The door jams and tub were rusted (pictures attached). The walls had tons of dings and scratches (pictures attached). The refrigerator had, what appeared to be mold along the outside (picture attached). In addition the sofa in the tv room smelled like vomit- literally someone must have had an accident on it b/c although it was "clean" it smelled very bad.

We called the front desk to see if a different room was available... and her response was, "your are joking right".... so needless to say we stayed in the room for 3 nights.

Also the hotel may want to consider installing door stoppers or some mechanism to prevent the doors main door from slamming- this would prevent the loud slamming noise that echos through the hallways at all hours of the day, morning, noon and night......

Upon checkout we mentioned that although we made the best of the situation considering the special occasion of our stay, we would likely not be back.
The lady gave us a credit of $40 making our stay $269/night. At $269 a night all things considered/pictured we will still likely not be back if the hotel stays as is. The Lighthouse will always have a special place in our heart- and becuase of that I am submitting this review along with pictures to prevent others' first impression of the Lighthouse to be what we experienced as a repeat customer. I have contacted Lighthouse Management and asked them to consider investing in bringing the Lighthouse up to the standard many have come to enjoy and expect.

Room Tip: Bayfront first floor- if you get 2nd story its hard to sit and see the bay b/c the balcony rail is h...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 062014
Thank you for this candid and detailed review of your stay with us. As we discussed during our phone call and the email I sent to you, I too am disappointed in the condition that you found your room and the lack of response from my staff. We definitely can and will do better in the future.
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

This was our first visit to The Lighthouse inn and to Rockport. Upon arrival, the staff was friendly and got us checked in quickly. The room was very nice and clean. The breakfast was very good. We will be coming back.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lori M
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review about your first visit to our hotel. I hope you were able to go around town and see everything Rockport-Fulton has to offer. We ALL look forward to your next visit!
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My family and I always meet up in Rockport during the summer. Since my husband and I were coming into town a day earlier than the rest of our family, we decided to try this hotel out. I have had family stay at this hotel before and I always was told how nice their stay was.

The first thing that I always do when staying at a hotel is check the bed for cleanliness. When we arrived to room 12, in one of the middle layers of sheets there were small silver beads everywhere and the bottom sheet was stained. This showed me that the sheets had not been changed. My husband used the restroom and the toilet did not flush. Because of these problems we asked for assistance at the front desk and they decided to move us to room 18 because of the restroom problem.

When we arrived to room 18, I checked the sheets again and this time I found bread crumbs and stained sheets again. Not only were the sheets dirty there were toe nail clippings and a streak of greenish/brown stuff on the tub. I went to the front desk and ask for our sheets to be changed out and the housekeeper was behind the front desk, so she told us that she’ll change them out. As we were leaving for dinner, the housekeeper walked in with a handful of blankets and asked us if we would like the bedding to be completely changed and I replied that would be great. When we got back to our rooms around 9 pm, I checked the bed to find the crumbs and the stains still. The bed was made again without anything getting changed out.

We went to the reception desk and was told that there was no housekeeper on staff at the moment and was handed blankets so we can change it out ourselves. We decided to ask for a refund and went down the street to stay at another establishment.

All I asked for is a clean bed to sleep in. I didn’t even mention the toe nail clippings and smudge on the tub.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write this candid review about your stay. Please accept my apology for the condition of the rooms and the lack of response from my staff. I share ALL guest comments with my team and will use your to remind them of how important it is to job our jobs right the first time.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The Lighthouse is awesome! The staff, the breakfast, the decor, can't be beat anywhere in Fulton or Rockport! We love to stay here. The price is great for what you get! The staff is VERY accommodating and greets everyone! It is the perfect vacation spot!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jane C
Jane, thank you so much for the wonderful review. I appreciate you pointing out the hotel staff as accommodating and friendly. We work hard to provide a higher level of service and it is nice to be noticed. We look forward to you returning to your perfect vacation spot!
Reviewed 4 July 2014

What a wonderful place! My sisters and I have stayed here often and the beautiful bay view is hard to beat. The staff are always friendly and accommodating and this certainly isn't your typical complimentary breakfast! We plan on enjoying our trips here for years to come.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank redbird1111
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thank you so much for this wonderful review about your most recent visit. I am so please that you and your sister continue to enjoy coming to visit our hotel. The entire staff is looking forward to your next visit!

Fredericksburg, Texas
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I want to first thank Michelle at the front desk for being so very nice. Then I want to thank max who is in the maintenance department. What a great guy. He greeted me every time I was around him. My husband said it doesn't get any better than an early breakfast and then a cup of coffee in one hand and rod and reel in the other relaxing at the end of the pier just outside the back door. And to top it off at the end of the day we were able to dolphin watch on the pier. I just don't have anything negative to say about this hotel. It was wonderful.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank fritztown
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review about your recent stay. I appreciate the kind words about the staff members that you named. I will pass your comments on to them. We want you to be able to relax and enjoy your time here at the hotel and the surrounding area. It sounds as though you did just that. We ALL look forward to your next visit.
The Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Hampton Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton
#1 of 4 in Fulton
Hunt's Castle Hotel
Hunt's Castle Hotel
#17 of 20 in Rockport

Been to Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay? Share your experiences!