Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton(Rockport)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$172
US$159
  • Free Internet
Quality Inn(Rockport)(Great Value!)
US$184
Pelican Bay Resort(Rockport)(Great Value!)
US$148
  • Beachfront
US$117
TripAdvisor
Sea View Motel(Rockport)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewspalm roomrocking chairsstarbucks coffeecaptain's suitearansas bayshrimp boatsfishsausagefirst floorwafflesboiling potseparate bedroomenjoy the viewfull kitchenhot tubwhooping cranetexas coast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Our rooms included a king bedroom and bath, a room with two queen beds and bath, and a living area and kitchen between them. The arrangement was perfect for our family of four. Plenty of space and privacy for everyone.

For the first time we had bayside rooms, each bedroom having its own balcony, and the extra cost was well worth it. There was morning sun, and the evenings outside were very comfortable as the sun was on the other side of the building.

The rooms are comfortable, quiet, and well-appointed with a touch of elegance. The breakfast and service are excellent. We didn't try the restaurant this trip, but have heard good things about their steaks, so we'll definitely "eat in" next time.

• Stayed: August 2014
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review about your most recent stay. Your accommodations are called a Captains Quarters, combining a Captains Suite and a Keepers Cabin. It does give you plenty of room and privacy when you want it. Please do try the Palm Room Bar and Grill next time you are here. The steaks are delicious and if you add 4 fried shrimp, you won’t be disappointed. We are all looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Another wonderful trip to visit our friends at the Lighthouse Inn. It will be hard to leave this beautiful, stress free zone. Thank you to the staff for taking great care of us as always. See you next trip.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you for writing this review about your most recent visit to the hotel. We as a team are pleased to help create the “stress free zone”. We are all looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Nice hotel on the water. If you want to fish, it would be great since they have their own pier. The breakfast was fantastic - real scrambled eggs, unlike many hotel breakfast buffets!

Rooms were fine - I was not too impressed for the price, but maybe we were there during the high season. Pool was nice as well.

Wi-fi did not work in our part of the hotel, and at times I could not get a cell signal, but it worked and was free in the lobby.

1  Thank Stephen-in-TX
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review about your stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and breakfast. Our internet provider has told us there is a break in the fiber coming into the hotel and they are working to correct that. Some rooms are closer to our access points then other therefore making the situation worse. We will get that fixed soon. The cell phone reception has always been a problem and most of that stems from a weak signal from most of the carriers that service this area. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you back very soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

My husband and I just experienced our first stay at Lighthouse Inn/Rockport.....The character of the place is wonderful and all is kept very clean. There were old folks, middle aged folks, and families with small kids and the place was perfect for all. I have never stayed anywhere that I was treated as good as I was there. The front desk and breakfast staff were amazing and Judy is a doll and I hope she stays there forever.....my only disappointment was with the bar. No I am not a drinker, but the bar handles food as well. On Friday night, my daughterinlaw and I sat at the bar for 10 minutes with no one in sight except a man waiting for his food. When the lady fiinally came out, she totally ignored us. About a minute later, another lady came out and she then told us the bar and grill were closed as it was 9pm. Then on Friday night we were told that the kitchen had no food because the freezer was out and that the bar closed early. We later learned from others that the food was thawing and needed to be cooked anyway.....maybe the bar folks need to take lessons from the front desk staff because they were amazing. One of the LOR members got ill and could not go on the boat with the group on Saturday. Her husband called the front desk and asked them to check on his wife and Judy went and took her crackers, sprite and something to settle her stomach.......that is truly called customer service and going above and beyond. I work in the service industry managing a 470 seat restaurant in Groves Texas, so I am really big on customer service......We will return and I would have given 5 stars had it not been for the bar/grill. Shout out and a high five to the front desk and the breakfast crew.......love you guys!

Room Tip: Bay side has beautiful water views, but dangerous for small kids. Pool side is better for families as pool is fenced in but still have beautiful scenery to look at.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for writing this review about your recent visit to the hotel. We all look forward to the annual LOR boat trip. It is a magnificent sight to see all of your boats coming in from the Inter-coastal Waterway towards the hotel, then into Fulton Harbor. I appreciate you recognizing Judy as she takes great pride in taking care of this and every group we have at the hotel. She told me that it was in fact Lindy from the front desk that helped the sick member of your group. Please accept my apologies for the problems in the Palm Room. We have addressed that issue and made some changes so it will not happen again. We ALL look forward to seeing the “Lapse of Reason” boats arriving again next year.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Because we are on a tight budget, we do not get to travel very often. So when we do, we have to try and get the most bang for our buck. I heard about the Lighthouse Inn from my sister. We were going to try to stay in Corpus or on Mustang/N. Padre Island. However, she gave a resounding endorsement for Rockport and the Lighthouse Inn. After some online research, we decided to go to Rockport and stay at the Lighthouse Inn. It was a shrewd decision on our part. The kids had an absolute blast. They loved every single thing about the weekend and the hotel. There were positive and negative aspects to our stay at the hotel, as there are with every hotel. However, ultimately, all I care about is having a great family experience and wonderful memories to talk about for years. We achieved this with our stay. I have read several of the reviews and I would like to offer my input. Our room was not ready by 3, but they allowed us to walk around the property or wait in the lounge area until it was ready, about 3:30. Once we got to our room, it was very neat and tidy. The mini fridge and the microwave worked great. The view of the bay was simply breathtaking. I was so happy to see the cable channel lineup, especially the NFL Network. We were right next to the ice machine and the stairwell, so our placement was extremely convenient. One negative though, the workout room was adjacent to our balcony so we lost a bit of privacy. Another negative about our room, was the lack of WiFi strength. We really liked the pool, though it needed to be skimmed more frequently, especially with the flying ants being prevalent this time of year. The breakfast bar was outstanding. We all ate like Kings and Queens. As far as the cleaning staff not doing their job, I have to disagree. I feel that the staff was friendly and helpful. The weekend we were there, I found several of the other patrons to be lazy with regards to cleaning up after themselves. I expect more from adults. I hope the negative comments about cleanliness are not coming from those lazy, messy patrons. I want to personally thank the Lighthouse Inn and its staff for helping us have a great weekend and for bringing happiness to my children, which for me, is all that truly matter. Thank You, and I hope we will have another opportunity to spend our vacation at your wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: Love the bayside view.
2  Thank William S
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and taking the time that you took reading some of our other reviews. TripAdvisor reviews mean so much to the staff. Good and bad, we learn what the guest’s expectations are and how well we did living up to those expectation. We are so pleased that you all had a great weekend and brought happiness to your children. I learned a long time ago that if the children are happy then the parents are happy. We hope your entire family will return soon.