We had reservations at the Lighthouse Inn for two nights: Nov 4 and Nov 5. Upon arrival, we were assigned Room 45 – a window overlooking the water. We checked in around 3PM. The temperature in that room was high. As a result, there was a foul, musty smell. Further examination revealed a coffee bar cabinet door falling off the hinges and mold on the inside of that door. We decided to request another room. Upon doing so, we were then assigned to room 37. There we found a similar foul, musty smell and warm room. As we were not staying but a couple of nights, we did not leave-against our better judgment. Later we also found the following in that room: a) a door frame that appeared rotten and painted over, b) mold on the crown molding in the bathroom, c) and ants parading all over the desk and bathroom as well as a dead roach under the bath sink cabinet. The outside temps were low....therefore, it was clear that on a sunny summer day, the A/C in these rooms could not possibly handle the humidity and heat. Friday night we ate out elsewhere and returned to have dessert in the hotel restaurant. The bar maid was our hostess. After not being waited on for some time, she comes to our table to tell us she forgot we were there....so we order cake and coffee. She proceeds to tell us that we could go get it at the coffee table, but that she didn’t know how good it would be since it was left over from that morning. We then ordered Cognac instead. We waited...finally a nice young man delivered our cake, but the bar maid was conversing with the bar patrons and did not bring our drinks for some time afterwards. Again, she said she had forgotten about us. She appeared either drunk herself or totally out of it for some other reason. Upon checkout on Saturday AM, when I told the desk attendant some of the problems we had encountered, she admitted that you had had problems with the smell, etc after water had entered the rooms along that side of the building. Apparently, the clean up after that event has not been appropriate.
Given the above, there is no way, given the state of these rooms and the quality of restaurant service, that we could ever recommend this place to anyone visiting Rockport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lighthouse Inn is the perfect choice for a vacation on the Texas coastal bay, with full-service accommodations in the beautiful Aransas Bay. Relax and enjoy a laid back Texas getaway with luxurious guest accommodations and amenities and our friendly staff. Positioned at the entrance of Fulton Harbor with a magnificent view of Aransas Bay, enjoy modern amenities, shoreline access and our excellent location close to local attractions and things to do in the Texas Riviera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelClick, Priceline, Hotel.de, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lighthouse Inn At Aransas Bay Hotel Rockport
- Lighthouse Hotel Rockport
- Lighthouse Hotel At Aransas Bay
- Lighthouse Inn At Aransas Bay Rockport, Texas