“Disappointed in our stay”
Review of Pelican Bay Resort

and 1 more site!
Pelican Bay Resort
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Rockport
Pasadena, TX
“Disappointed in our stay”
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Was really disappointed in our stay at The Pelican Bay Resort.
We arrived on a Friday afternoon and things were quiet and looked like it was going to be a wonderful relaxing weekend. Boy, was I wrong!!!
They had a wedding booked for Saturday (May 21) and we were never told about it. I would have thought that they would have let us known about it when I called to book the room, but they didn't.
You are assigned a place to park at the resort. The wedding guest took up the parking. My husband went to complain about us not having a place to park. So, the manager I think had someone move his truck so we could park closer to our cottage. The wedding guest never should have been allowed to park in the private parking spots of paying customers.
And then we couldn't use the pool on Saturday because it was next to the weeding and then you could hear the music blaring until after midnight. If you are gonna host a wedding, at least let the other people in the hotel/ cottages know when they call to book a room so they can decide not to stay there or either rent to the wedding party and guest only. That way you won't interupt the other people there that are trying to get away from work and relax for a few days that are paying customers.
We went there for a relaxing weekend that didn't happen.
The cottage wasn't that clean either, we found a dead bug next to the refrigerator.
I will not be staying here again. If I have to spend that much money on a cottage, I expect it to be CLEAN and it be a nice place to relax and to be able to use the pool.
It was not worth the money I paid out for the weekend.
You would think w/ the price it would have wifi. It doesn't have internet access at all.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank mabarker1023

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Coldspring, Texas
Reviewed 18 December 2010

We got this stay as part of a "Get away package" from a local TV station. We drove down to Rockport not knowing what we were getting into. This is a Beautiful property! The layout is well thought out, beautifully executed, nicely maintained and impeccably clean! We stayed in one of the cottages. Ours was a single unit, about 28x14 inside. The kitchen was well appointed, with a full range, microwave, full sized refrigerator double sink and even a dishwasher. There was also a 12 cup coffee maker. There are dishes and silverware, though the unit lacks pots and pans. The living room had a sleeper sofa, a recliner and an occasional chair. Between these two areas was a small round dining table with four chairs. There was a telephone and TV (with cable) to complete the furnishings.
The bedroom had a comfortable queen-sized bed, two night stands and a TV cabinet with a small flat screen TV. There was a nice sized closet.
The property is but a short (2 or three minute) walk from the bay, where there is a gazebo and a private pier extending well out over the water.
On site there was a club house, with a pool table and several chairs and a TV lounge. Outdoor activities include a pool and a nice hot tub.
There is also a “Lodge” for group stays. The Lodge has sleeping accommodations for 12, with a full kitchen, a TV in every bedroom, and a wood burning fireplace. It is adjacent to the pool and at the very back of the property.
There is a grill by every unit.
The staff is outstanding! I got a chance to talk to the housekeeping supervisor, the maintenance man and the owner. All were helpful and accommodating and very outgoing.
The town has a nice beach park, a small aquarium, a nice education center, an art center and numerous galleries. Recreation centers around the water, with sightseeing trips, fishing and kayak rentals abounding. It is near the Aransas National Wildlife Refuge, famous for its Whooping Cranes, and boat tours to see the cranes, are available during the winter season.
In short, this was a very pleasant stay, quiet, comfortable, and tomorrow I am making reservations to take the kids and grand kids down there this spring.
It is wonderful and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank bureaucrat377
West Texas
Reviewed 18 September 2010

Back from a trip to the coast and loved this little piece of property. Customer service is EXCELLENT! Room was clean and bed comfortable. We stayed in a mini-suite, but there are cottages available as well. Pool is small but perfect since its only a short walk to the bay. And the price was right! Would stay again for sure!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
San Marcos
Reviewed 6 August 2010

The place is laid out on a narrow deep lot, so you drive in slowly, wending the narrow lanes around the old oak trees, past the pastel-painted cottages to the hotel-type rooms and pool in the back. heard there is a fishing pier at the very end of the property but I never made it out that far. The quirky elements include the fact that the office doesn't open until 10 a.m., so you pay when you arrive instead of checking out in the morning. Also if you want the hot tub to be hot, you have to call and request that it be turned on in advance. It took the front desk a looooong time to figure out how to split the cost of the room between me and my colleague, but she was a good sport about it, so we were too.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Texas
Reviewed 17 July 2010

The best place we have ever stayed in Rockport...We loved it...You won't be disappointed..

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Hondo, Texas
Reviewed 4 June 2010

My family and I have been several times in the past several years. It is so relaxing and cozy. The staff is friendly and very accommodating. The motel rooms are a little small, but just fine for sleeping and cooling off after a day at the beach or a day of fishing. The pool is so beautifully landscaped and the hot tub is nice too!! I just love going there and so do my husband and sons. The private pier is great for all night fishing.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank sross57
San Antonio
Reviewed 21 September 2009

I have never read the comments, and felt that I had to weigh in with mine. This was not our first trip to Pelican Bay, nor the last. The most memorable was Christmas 2007, with our two grown children and our grandchildren. I put up my 'Charlie Brown' Christmas tree; opened gifts on Christmas Eve; and Santa even found us at Pelican Bay! The lights on the cottages are wonderful. The lights were not working on the cottage for my son and his family, but it only took a comment to the office staff, and they had them working in under ten minutes. My husband and I, and hopefully the grandchildren at least, will be there for Christmas this year (2009) and we can hardly wait. We feel at home when we are at Pelican Bay.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple