Was really disappointed in our stay at The Pelican Bay Resort.
We arrived on a Friday afternoon and things were quiet and looked like it was going to be a wonderful relaxing weekend. Boy, was I wrong!!!
They had a wedding booked for Saturday (May 21) and we were never told about it. I would have thought that they would have let us known about it when I called to book the room, but they didn't.
You are assigned a place to park at the resort. The wedding guest took up the parking. My husband went to complain about us not having a place to park. So, the manager I think had someone move his truck so we could park closer to our cottage. The wedding guest never should have been allowed to park in the private parking spots of paying customers.
And then we couldn't use the pool on Saturday because it was next to the weeding and then you could hear the music blaring until after midnight. If you are gonna host a wedding, at least let the other people in the hotel/ cottages know when they call to book a room so they can decide not to stay there or either rent to the wedding party and guest only. That way you won't interupt the other people there that are trying to get away from work and relax for a few days that are paying customers.
We went there for a relaxing weekend that didn't happen.
The cottage wasn't that clean either, we found a dead bug next to the refrigerator.
I will not be staying here again. If I have to spend that much money on a cottage, I expect it to be CLEAN and it be a nice place to relax and to be able to use the pool.
It was not worth the money I paid out for the weekend.
You would think w/ the price it would have wifi. It doesn't have internet access at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Absolutely the finest accommodations in Rockport/Fulton, Texas, the Pelican Bay Resort features free-standing New England-style cottages and poolside mini-suites nestled among the shady live oaks for which the Rockport/Fulton area is famous. Minutes away from the best restaurants in town, and only a short walk away from Aransas Bay and our 400 foot lighted fishing pier and gazebo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Pelican Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Bay Hotel Rockport
- Pelican Bay Resort Rockport, Texas