“Not bad, not great”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Not bad, not great”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Shrimp and soft shell crab combo was good but shrimp could have come out of the fryer a minute earlier. Very Done and hush puppies oddly very sweet like rolled in sugar. Not my favorite. My date had redfish and enjoyed it very much. BYOB. Very casual.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank kitsuanddate

Bedford, TX
“Don't be fooled by the outside the food is well prepared.”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My wife chose the lobster bisque--- it was excellent. I ordered the redfish and it was fresh and well prepared. portions were adequate and service was quick. It is a byob place so bring your wine or whatever. Prices for entrees seemed high but after eating it was in line for the quality and portions. Go early or late because it does get crowded.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Texan70
Rockport
“Cozy”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Pleasantly surprised. The menu has all the standards of the area with their own twist. Fresh burgers and seafood. Small interior but a great outdoor covered deck.

Visited February 2014
Granbury, Texas
“Don't Let the Outside Appearance Fool You!”
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

On the west side of Rockport on business 35, this little grill is a gem. We had the fried catfish and it was wonderful! Had the small portion and thank goodness because we still couldn't eat it all. Excellent food and wonderfully priced

• Visited February 2014
oklahoma
“over priced and over rated”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I'm sorry, I really don't like to leave negative reviews, but by reading reviews at Tripadvisor, we chose to stop and have lunch here on a weekday. Not only were we unimpressed, we felt the service was EXTREMELY slow and the food was drastically over-priced. We ordered fried mushrooms for the appetizer and they had next to no taste to them. The "crab cake bucket" consisted of a barely cooked good sized crab cake and fries, served in a small cardboard tray. Only the seafood platter actually came on a plate...everything else was served in fast-food style thin cardboard. The tiny, 1/4 c sized coleslaw had barely any taste....again, "to-go" cup. The hush puppies were really light and fluffy....quite good.

As with many of the little cafes in this area, the building and contents were maybe meant to he quaint, but really just were cheap. The ceiling consisted of paper-backed insulation stapled between the roof members.....seriously, no plastic, sheetrock, wood siding over it, just the kraft paper facing down. Again, like many little restaurants, the tables were the cheapest formica with just cheap padded metal chairs.

I don't have a problem "roughing it", except that the above items and two cans of pop came to almost $47 not including tip. Really? For a $50 meal for two, I just have come to expect clean, comfortable seating, my silverware to be wrapped in a napkin, maybe even a cloth one, but surely not shoved in a paper wrap like some cafeteria, and a bathroom that I don't have to enter from outside the restaurant. If I have to wait an extremely long time for my meal, I expect it to probably be really good and worth the wait.

Due to our lifestyle, we do eat out a lot, everything from fast food to top rated restaurants, and I just have to say that this is one of the biggest "misses" we've had from Tripadvisor.

Visited January 2014