“Market street hatfields has Great BBQ - best in rockport”
Review of Blackjack's BBQ Beer Garden - CLOSED

Blackjack's BBQ Beer Garden
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

This restaurant recently opened and the brisket is amazing!! Had chopped beef sandwiches and they are out of this world. I have been back three times and this is my go to BBQ place.

1  Thank X73

Reviewed 18 August 2013

No indoor seating so going here in August was really hot. The service and food was great. Beans were good and beef was tender. Didn't care for the sausage. Will return.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We spent the weekend in Rockport and happened to drive by this place on our way to another pub that happened to be closed, and thank goodness for that. We had a great time at this place. There was a live band which was excellent and the place was comfortably busy which made for a great atmosphere. My husband was happy with the selection on tap and I was pleasantly surprised with all the non-alcoholic options also. Root beer on tap and Shirley Temples were enough to make me happy. The food was pretty good also, although by the end of the night they were sold out of the brisket. We had the smoked chicken with a bunch of sides that were all delicious and hit the spot perfectly. Nicest part about this place is the really friendly owner. She was awesome and gave us some ribs to take to the hotel for our puppy. Great place overall!

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I've been keeping up with the publicity on this BBQ place (Blackjacks).I was salivating with anticipation.What a let down.I ordered the 3 meat plate Sliced brisket,ribs sausage.There was no flavor whatsoever.I've never ate cardboard but I imagine with a little salt that is what it would taste like.The beans were just as bad they should use canned, they taste much better.The potato salad was good ,not excellent, just good.Sorry, I tell it like it is. This folks should concentrate on the beer garden and maybe serve nachos and chips with Pace. I don' know if I want to try Hatfield"s after this fiassco.

Joseph L, Owner at Blackjack's BBQ Beer Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

We are sorry for your experience. if you are interested in returning we would love to offer you a meal on the house. Thanks... JL

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I ate there once and once was enough. I am sorry to say it but I ordered a bar b q sandwich and got a cold hard pretzel bread with black tough meat. I should have known not to walk in when the dumpster was by the front door and the smell was bad and some flys had gone inside and we swatted flys from my sandwich. my momma taught me to always find the good so.... The beans were great and they were having karote and that was nice.