“Not good”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 10 September 2013

First of all they didn't have chicken. I got pulled pork instead and it was over smoked. The beans are way under seasoned, just bland. The potato salad was good. Also they charged for sauce at .75 a cup when I didn't ask for it. Will not be returning. This is the second time I gave them a try and every time the meat is over smoked. My friends food was not good either. She got a baked potato and it was gritty.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were coming back from a morning of fishing and wanted to stop and get a bite before heading home. I had read about this BBQ place before our trip so I knew I wanted to go by at some point over Labor Day weekend. Well- I am super glad we did! Not only was it some of the best BBQ I have ever had, but one of the best meals we have ever had in Rockport. (and believe me- we have eaten at a lot of places while in town.) We tried quite a few items on the menu between the five of us and all were great! Brisket, pulled pork, ribs, chopped brisket and several sides. Sadly there were out of sausage, but that does happen at great bbq joints- they run out of items. Just means we will order it next time. What I also really liked was the Pretzel Buns the sandwiches were served on- they held up to all the meat piled on the sandwiches. (And the sauce.) We happened to have a little bit of the sandwiches left over the next day and the bun was still intact and able to be eaten as a sandwich. Some buns just fall apart.
Additionally- while the BBQ is outstanding- the beer garden is a nice addition to the Rockport scene. We had some craft beers with lunch and they were all tasty. I also had some Root Beer because whenever there is a quality root beer on tap- I have to try it.
All and all go try it for yourself. I think you will really enjoy it--- I am just sad we did not make it back again later in the weekend. But we will tell all our friends who visit Rockport.

Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

This restaurant recently opened and the brisket is amazing!! Had chopped beef sandwiches and they are out of this world. I have been back three times and this is my go to BBQ place.

1  Thank X73
Reviewed 18 August 2013

No indoor seating so going here in August was really hot. The service and food was great. Beans were good and beef was tender. Didn't care for the sausage. Will return.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We spent the weekend in Rockport and happened to drive by this place on our way to another pub that happened to be closed, and thank goodness for that. We had a great time at this place. There was a live band which was excellent and the place was comfortably busy which made for a great atmosphere. My husband was happy with the selection on tap and I was pleasantly surprised with all the non-alcoholic options also. Root beer on tap and Shirley Temples were enough to make me happy. The food was pretty good also, although by the end of the night they were sold out of the brisket. We had the smoked chicken with a bunch of sides that were all delicious and hit the spot perfectly. Nicest part about this place is the really friendly owner. She was awesome and gave us some ribs to take to the hotel for our puppy. Great place overall!