“Also known as Cindy's Sweet Tabu”
Review of Austin Street Bistro - CLOSED

Austin Street Bistro
Reviewed 7 February 2013

If you want fast food - stop - don't read any further. Instead run down to Micky D's or Burger King.

If you want excellent food with awesome flavor and don't mind chilling out in a great little restaurant with great service - then read on.

You might miss this restaurant while driving downtown on the main street in Rockport, Texas. But, I say, if you don't see it the first time, turn around and go back and make it a point to find it. You will not be sorry you did.

The first thing you will notice instead of the typical bread/butter or chips/salsa you will get when greeted by your wait staff is that you get a delicious salad with fresh greens and a mouth-watering signature dressing. It is a refreshing change and yummy!

I had the Gyros with the Waffle Fries and it was not your typical Gyros. I've had the Greek Gyros at Greek restaurants, so I know Gyros. This Gyros was a Greek Gyros with an Asian twist and I must say I really loved the twist! The Waffle Fries were crisp and had a delicate sauce that tasted of honey mustard only extremely light in texture, but not in flavor, and very good.

My husband had the sampler plate of Oysters. He loved them. He also had a bowl of Gumbo, with two toast tips (browned to perfection) which he really loved as well.

Of course we were too stuffed to try any desert, but I'm sure going to go back and try it as well.

But, just remember, good things come to those who wait, and this is not fast food cooked by a fry cook, but great food cooked by a Chef. But, to help your wait (because it is a BYOB restaurant) just bring a bottle of wine you enjoy, sit back and wait for some really good food!

1  Thank JazziJaneen