“Don't go if you have asthma” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alice Faye's Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Alice Faye's Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Indianapolis
“Don't go if you have asthma”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

As soon as you walk in the front door, you are hit with a lobby that contains 10 plus years of old nicotine smell. Had I not been with my family, I'd have walked out. Once seated, it was hot and stuffy in the restaurant which made the old smell of cigarettes waft through into my clothes. The steak was not the best I've ever had; but our server was indeed fabulous. If you are an ex smoker, you do not want to dine in this restaurant. I had to have my clothes cleaned as soon as we got back to our Inn. Were they to air out the building a bit and lighten up the interior (very dark in there) it may fare better but as someone who has chronic asthma later in life, the smell is very offensive.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Houston, Texas
“Breakfast was good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

We have only had breakfast there and it was crowded on that Sunday morning. When you first walk in it is very smokey even tho I didn't see anyone smoking. (It must be infused in the carpet.) The omelets were pretty good. We were lucky to get a table by the window with a water view.

Visited February 2014
decatur,Tx.
“Just okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

I was not impressed with the shrimp po boy but my husband loved his fish platter. My sandwich had too much bread and breading on the shrimp. I enjoyed the view as the dolphins and pelicans put on a great show. The staff was friendly and the atmosphere was not unpleasant.

• Visited December 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice View, OK Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

The restaurant overlooks Aransas bay with a beautiful view, if you are near a window. Otherwise the restaurant is dark. The food was OK, but the seafood and fish were not as good as several other places nearby. Service was friendly and prices were reasonable.

• Visited February 2014
Lytle
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

The place seems to always have lots of cars so we decided to give it a try. Guess everyone was in the bar- the restaurant was empty. The food was ok- but WAY over priced. Service was lackluster. The marina that was outside the windows was in total disrepair. Just not a good experience. Definitely not for families- too many drunks.

Visited February 2014