“Always visit when in rockport”

Taqueria Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #24 of 99 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: Mexican
San Antonio, Texas
“Always visit when in rockport”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The owner=manager is always friendly and greets us. We always feel comfortable and welcomed. Every time we go to Rockport we eat at least once here.

Visited June 2014

San Antonio, Texas
“Great food at a fair price.”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Go here for breakfast tacos. Good solid Mexican food at reasonable prices. Service is fair. This restaurant is always full of people.

• Visited May 2014
Kingman, Arizona
“Wish I could have taken them with me......”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

As miserable as I was in Rockport, this little restaurant was one of the bright spots. Excellent Mexican food (and A LOT of it!), great service (except for one waitress who needs to not be there....). If I ever have to go back to Rockport (God Forbid!), I will definitely be eating at least one meal here. You won't regret it!!

• Visited March 2014
Tennessee
“But, I Paid The Full Price!”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Entered on a Sunday and the Taqueria was half-empty....or (cough, cough) half-full. No one greeted me ... no "ola," no smile. I think it is a seat yourself restaurant. I wanted takeout so I approached the register and stood and stood and finally got a look. I requested a menu and said that I would be entering a takeout order. I picked one of the combinations and paid with the order. A promised wait of ten minutes turned into twenty-five. As my order was coming up, I asked that some of the table corn chips be placed in the bag. "No, no, you get no chips." I pointed out that every table had chips with their meal -- do they not come with the meal, I asked. Yes, but not with takeout I was told. Ah, a failure to communicate, here. I then tried charm and charity. "I would love to dine here and partake of your many chips, but I have a dog in the car and must do takeout, so just throw a few chips in the bag and all will be well." "No chips!"

"No dine! .... I will not be taking my order -- please refund my money." So in this review I cannot grade the food.
Money refunded I went down the road ... Texas does not have a shortage of taquerias. My dog was really upset -- the chips were for him.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank TurnipTruckDriver
Rockport, Texas
“Great Food at a Great Price”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We eat here on a fairly regular basis. Great food. Their tacos are very large. They have great Menudo and their Barbacoa is never greasy. Their prices are very low. You get a great plate of food at a very inexpensive price.

• Visited December 2013