“Looking for something else in Rockport” 3 of 5 bubbles

Aranda's Mexican Grill
Ranked #27 of 95 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gatlinburg
“Looking for something else in Rockport”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

This Sunday evening my wife and I were looking for a new place to eat in Rockport, but we didn't find it in Aranda's. The service was good and the restaurant was clean, but that's where the good ends. I ordered the carne guisada plate, and my wife had the flautas plate. The charro beans and carne guisada had to much tomatoes. The guacamole had to much sour cream in it. The food over all was fair. We placed our order and within two minutes we had our meals. ??? We did not go there for fast food.

Texas
“First time and was surprised!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Was waiting for hubby so decided to step into Aranda's for just some chips and dip. Queso was very good. So we stayed for dinner and all 3 of us enjoyed our food. Not fancy, but OK Mexican food. We will go back for a quick dinner or lunch in the future!

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
San Antonio, TX
“OK but not worth going out of your way for...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

So-so food: nothing was bad, but the different enchiladas were bland and beef fajita was not that great. The so-called taco salad was really a bean chalupa that was mostly lettuce. Best items were homemade corn tortillas, a good salsa and the guacamole. Service was fairly efficient if not particularly friendly; prices were average for this area. I'd recommend elsewhere, though in Rockport, I'm not sure that would mean Mexican food.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SALibrarian
San Antonio, Texas
“So So”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Our food was ok. My husbands was good and mine was not. I got 2 chalupas, which seems pretty basic, but it wasn't that good. The shells were a bit soft which added to it.

Visited December 2013
Rockport, Texas
“Really good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

Their Mexican food is tasty and there is a lot of it. I really like their chicken caldo. Breakfast is good too.

Visited November 2013