“pretty disappointing”
Review of Copano Bay Cafe - CLOSED

Copano Bay Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Went for breakfast on a recent Sunday morning. Pancakes were pretty good but when I asked for butter as opposed to the little packets of whatever butter substitute was on the table, waitress was not pleased. Place wasn't very busy, no excuse for her attitude, other than a bad mood. Then brought me tiniest amount possible. Very average, won't go back.

1  Thank Roxie_Canyon

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Went for dinner after reading decent reviews but warned they sometimes just close early! Guess what, as we walked up.. They closed and locked up. When she finally came to door, she said they were closing early! Others pulling in, we all left. NOT a way to run a business or get more in a tourist town. Will not return or recommend! You want good breakfast, go to JJ's or Ken's they are friendly, fast and delicious.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We've been here three times now and have always been very satisfied. Service is awesome! Sometimes the food comes out slow but the servers more than make up for that with their cheerful attitudes. And the food is always delicious! Daily specials are great! $4.99 for 4 shrimp, fries, and coleslaw!! Great family place and my kids love that they can have breakfast all day! My daughter loves that she can get a waffle anytime of day! Will definitely return again and again!

1  Thank Adamsrib2002
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We came upon this restaurant because all the others in town were either closed or full....weird, resort town and restaurants closed....anyway, we ate dinner here with trepidation. The décor is minimal, the chairs, uncomfortable, the atmosphere, ok....but it was a great home cooked dinner!
3 of our group of 6 had the seafood platter and said it was better than Charlotte Plummers!
I had the chicken fried steak. It was very good and the mashed potatoes are to die for...almost literally, they are full of either butter or sour cream or something just as wonderful.
We had the apple and peach cobbler for dessert....just like grandma used to make!

Next day went back for lunch.

Food is definitely good but I wish the atmosphere was nicer. I like to feel I am in a nice restaurant instead of moms kitchen.

2  Thank mrs s
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We ate there 3 times this trip. 2 breakfasts and one lunch. Copano beats out ALL OTHERS in the area for food and service. The breakfasts were delicious -pancakes the size of platters and perfect hash browns. The lunch items are great. Try the tilapia sandwich! Service was excellent. We will be back next time we go to Rockport.

1  Thank Dahna5