“Great Value on the Water”

Hunt's Castle Hotel
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Rockport
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We found Hunt's castle to be very comfortable!! The location is great. We enjoyed the well lit private pier. The pool and hot tub are on the bay side so you can enjoy the view. the view from most of the rooms is great. The hotel is minutes from town and restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CBASS34

Reviewed 16 August 2012

I have stayed at the Hunts Castle in Rockport 3 times and it is the perfect place for my family and me, fishing is great and the way your treated by the staff is even better and prices are very affordable. I can not wait to return. Anything you need call Ken Patel he will take care of you. Rooms are very clean, you have fresh towels every day.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We've stayed at Hunt's Castle for the last 3 years. Each stay has been great and pleasant. Never had any bad experiences to report. The rooms are always clean and we get fresh towels everyday. Mr. Patel is very professional and friendly, always ready to listen if there may be any concerns and quick to resolve any problems. They have done very nice upgrades to the pier and pic-nic areas. We love to fish at night and enjoy the new pier lights. The only thing that bothers me, doesn't have to do with the hotel or management, it's the people that stay there and don't follow the rules that are in place for their own safety!!

Mr & Mrs. Marin

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2012

It was a great place to stay our room was a good size for 6 people.The ac was great,we had a full kitchen so you could cook if you wanted to.the only problem we had was the ice machine was always out of ice :( . The pier was nice we saw a dolphin chasing schools of fish,and there where a lot of small fish but sad to say didn't catch a thing and other people there didn't.But they did have very nice green lit pier.Sorry i didn't take pic of the room.

1  Thank Nash32
Reviewed 27 July 2012

My whole family and I reserved rooms to this place months ago; little did we know how bad it was. We had about 8 rooms rented and every single one of them were disgusting and needed to be clean to say the least! Luckily my sister had gotten there days before us and warned me so I brought our own bedding along with cleaning products and an electric sweeper/vac. We even had to buy more cleaning supplies because the room was so dirty I ran out and I had the smallest room out of everyone! We were even afraid to walk barefoot even after mopping the floors ourselves, twice, that we put towels down all over the floor and even showered with our flip flops on because I was afraid of what we would catch from the shower even thought my husband scrubbed it down also. Our fridge didn't work correctly so we had to put our stuff in the freezer to keep it cold. In my parents room the plumbing wasn't hooked up in the bathroom and when they turned the water on it leaked all over the floor from the unconnected pipes under the sink and their bedroom smelled like dirty feet. The beds were so hard I couldn't sleep well at all, plus we heard what sounding like people moving furniture up above us all night and early morning! My grandparent’s bed sunk in the middle. The air conditioner leaked water on the floor in my sister’s room and her fridge didn’t work correctly either. My brother and sister-in-laws room had sunflower seeds and blood stains in and on the sheets on one of their beds, there was trash all under the beds in everyone room. The towels were stained as well as the sheets and mattress covers, thank God I brought my own to sleep on! The pool or hot tub was not clean one time when we were there; they would just add water with a hose and pour some Clorox in it. They had paddle boats for rent outside that we had to help drain in order to even be able to use them and we still had to pay full price! Next to the paddle boats there is a pile of wood and boards with nails sticking out of them and one of my nephews almost stepped on one. The so called DJ that the owner had playing almost got into a fight with the owner and his workers while we were there one night. The point being is I don't care if this place was FREE, I would never stay here again!! Don't waste your money or your vacation time on this place!! The only semi good thing I can say about this place is that the male owner was nicer than his wife or any of his female so called cleaning staff and he had two male workers that were nice and tried to be helpful but this place is just a loss cause! It needs to be shut down and remodeled from top to bottom! And all employees need to take a cleaning 101 class!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
KAMLESH P, Manager at Hunt's Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2012

Our housekeepers clean every room from top to bottom. The pool and hot tub are cleaned everynight once it is locked up. we can not do anything about what guest are doing in their rooms unless you let us know. In your brother and sister-in-laws room the kids were eating sunflower seeds and as for the blood stains a one of the kids came to the office and said that one of the people in the room had a nose bleed so they needed new bedding. It had been raining prior to your arrival thats why the paddle boats had water in them. As for the sink leaking we were very buisy and our maintance man got side tracked but he did talk with the guest in that room and apologize for the inconvience.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

we stayed in a cabin and as soon as we walked in we noticed how dirty it was, we asked for a broom and we were only given 5 minutes to return it. the kitchen itself was filthy and i didnt feel comfortable feeding my kids from there. the restroom was just a filthy,, when we were ready for bed and unrolled the sheets there was hair on the sheets,,, not on just one bed but on all three!!!the pool was gross as well,,, i guess someone thought hermmit crabs could swim in there and we found shells and the floor was sandy in the pool, the pool itself smelled of fish water,,, the hot tub was only available to the staff children,,, they were very rude, i stood on the porch of the cabin next door to the pool 10 ft at the most, to get towels and my son was rn off from the pool. it was the worst experience we have ever encountered on vacation...i do not recommend this place to any one. total filth and disgust!!!

Room Tip: go to Little Bay Club or Surfside Inn on broadway!!!
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We stayed in Cabin #5 last week and had a blast. VERY COMFY for us 4. It had a kitchen, close to the pool for the kids,walking distance to the bbq pits/picnic tables & fishing pier. WOW.that fishing pier was great.at night.. lit and well maintained. The Management and staff were fantastic if anything was needed.WE WILL BE BACK. S Family in S.A. Tx

Room Tip: First time here, but DO plan to return in the near future. Does have a great kitchen, but few pans...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rockport / Bay View
Hampton Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Rockport
Best Western Ingleside
Best Western Ingleside
#3 of 5 in Ingleside
Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay

Been to Hunt's Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!