Very friendly owner but the place has the feel that the whole place has seen far better days and is on its last legs.
Rooms are extremely basic with 70s furniture, No bedside table or lamp. Exterior decor needs some basic landscaping and tidying up. Towels are small, overused, and inadequate. Didn't like the look of the pool and hot tub for health reasons.
Several of the neon-lit "Hunts Castle" letters on the side of the building were not working - looked ghetto at night.
Excessive partying from some white trash guests until 4am although I will give the owner credit for dealing with it after hours.
Again, very nice and helpful owner but the place needs significant investment/modernization.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have one of the longest piers in Rockport lit up with green lights. We also have music on Friday and Saturday. A newly added boardwalk in front with BBQ pits. Paddleboat rentals and kayaks A swimming pool and a hot tub ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hunt's Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hunt's Castle Hotel Rockport, Texas
- Hunts Castle Rockport
- Hunts Castle Hotel Rockport