Arrived to find our reservation had not been forwarded by Expedia, although we had a confirmation number! However, we were given an upgrade for the same price. Our first impression was that the whole place needed a very thorough cleaning - thick dust on the fan blades, a loaf of bread left in a cupboard. The room was obviously meant for longer stays as there was a complete kitchen, but no cutlery, dishes, cooking pans etc. We did not require any of this, but ask about it if a long stay is planned. There was a full bed and bunk beds in our room - pefect for a family. By the time we left, we would go back in a flash! The staff was very friendly and helpful. A number of good restaurants were recommended. The best thing of all was the fabulous location. On a one way street, basically at the end of the road, and on the water, the hotel features a balcony all along the front with comfortable rocking chairs by each unit. Morning coffee sitting in the chairs, watching the gulls, and waving to the apparent "locals" walking their dogs or doing an early morning jog was a very memorable experience. We did not use the swimming pool or hot tub, but were able to look down on them and they appeared well-maintained and clean. The hotel boasts a private, 1/4 mile long pier with green lights that light up the water - and are a great landmark at night from far down the beach. We were easily able to find our way home! Walking out on the pier at night was the highlight of the stay. Everything was so quiet, including the people fishing who would suddenly appear out of the shadows, and who were actually catching fish! There are benches along the way. Chilly while we were there, but we noted the barbecue pits and tables as well as the kayak and paddle boats. If ever back at a warmer time, we'll definitely take a dust cloth and book for a longer time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have one of the longest piers in Rockport lit up with green lights. We also have music on Friday and Saturday. A newly added boardwalk in front with BBQ pits. Paddleboat rentals and kayaks A swimming pool and a hot tub ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Hunt's Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hunt's Castle Hotel Rockport, Texas
- Hunts Castle Rockport
- Hunts Castle Hotel Rockport