“Nice stay in Rockport”

Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Rockport
Cedar Park, Texas
“Nice stay in Rockport”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I had a nice, clean room that was reasonably priced. The grounds were well kept and there was a nice fishing pier on the property. Ken and the hotel staff were very accommodating. There were bbq pits on the property for guest use. Also, a small pool but I never used it. And, donuts every morning!! I will be back soon, Rick in Cedar Park

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I'll start with the positive...great location, employees were very friendly and helpful--Steve and Mike did all they could considering what they had to work with. Thank you both-- im sure your jobs are very stressful. The hotel room we were moved to was nice and was an enormous improvement from the "chalet" we had booked.
Negatives: the chalet=gross. 3pm checked in. Walked up to the door to find two dirty crunchy washcloths lying at my feet, cigarrette butts/trash all over the ground. Opened the door and was hit with a nasty mold odor. Fridge was completely rusted out, kitchen cabinets- doors missing or broken, left piled inside. Husband already upset, goes to the bathroom, grabs toilet paper but instead grabs a cockroach! No lie-- totally disgusting. Everything was grimy, and so run down. For $171/night--this is an insult. Staff quickly found us another room. someone, I assume the owner, was unapologetic and had this attitude that the original room was fine, stating" people stay here and request those same cabins when they come back." I couldn't help but think-- yeah, maybe to cook meth. Anyway, pier WAS nice, maybe 20yrs ago-- we did go fishing but walking down there my dad stepped on a board and it flew up, very unlevel, and 1/3 of the green lights were out. Pool closes at 10pm, no exceptions. Hot tub was scalding hot. BBQ pits-- well one was good, the rest were rusted out in the bottom, some missing doors/lids. Won't stay here again. We all had the impression, that whomever the owner was could care less about his employees and putting any kind of money back into the place. Shame, it could be a nice place if given a lot of TLC.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Tinatellsit

Travellers are raving about these Rockport hotels

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I stayed at Hunt's Castle (rm 305) and had a wonderful time (Aug 20-22, 2013). The view was awesome and the room was very clean and neat. It was just me and my dog, Jenny, but we enjoyed the kitchen area, full fridge, microwave & toaster. I like that it's close to shopping and we walked everywhere. Very friendly, courteous staff and I look forward to staying there again soon. I forgot my cooler and they are holding it for me. Nice people.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Great only if you want to fish the pier. The pier and lighting was fantastic. The people who owned it were very sweet & friendly. The reason I say its over-rated is the rooms are in a total state of disrepair. There was one thin sheet on the bed, no mattress cover, and the one sheet on the bed had a hair on it when we arrived. The bottom sheet didn't fit well, so when we lay down and the sheet came off, we were resting on bare, dirty, mattress. We pulled the comforter off the bunk beds and placed it as an undersheet. The room just seemed grimy and dirty everywhere. I also think they use the smallest bath towels ever; think hand towel. No daily room service. Lots of kids running around wild. Also our TV swivel was broke so the TV wouldn't face the bed. May be nice for a family but not a romantic fishing get-a-way for a couple. If they would just CLEAN and REPAIR it would be the best in Rockport hands down.

Room Tip: The further you stay from the office the worse the wi-fi connection gets. It didn't even work in...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank L Z
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Just stayed the weekend for the last time. Found a cockroach and a big spider in the room. Bug traps in the room made me uncomfortable, though I guess I should be glad they're doing something to address the problem. We've stayed several times because their pier reaches out to the channel and usually provides good fishing but I no longer feel its a good value. Had another guest take a whizz off the balcony right above us and this morning woke to police and EMS responding to a man parked outside our room, possibly passed out, with a gun in his lap. There is no curfew here. Guests are up all night partying, being loud and letting their kids run wild. Lastly, the hotel and pier are in disrepair, like they just patch anything that breaks and don't properly fix anything.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Robin M
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2013

The views on the front of the Hotel are great. It you are only worried about fishing, they have a lighted pier. Lots of room for family's and they have kitchens.It's a good value for those on a tight budget. There are rocking chairs on the poach next to every room so you can sit and enjoy the view. The rooms are NOT a luxury hotel. They are like staying in a second hand resale store. The rooms have No smoking signs posted but the staff stands outside and smokes. The elevator broke both times we stayed there this summer. The stairs to the third floor are not evenly spaced and they are dangerous. The hot tub was broken both in July and August. It is just blocks from the downtown shopping.

Room Tip: The best large rooms on the water front are 301 and 201. They have the best views.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Giddings, Texas, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This was our first time staying here, and we will back. The waterfront view from our room was awesome! The staff was very friendly and willing to assist at anytime. Our family stayed on the 3rd floor and the breeze was so relaxing overlooking the beautiful waters. It is a very family oriented place to stay. Rooms were clean and clean towels were given everyday.The pool and hot tub were great as well. Our family really enjoyed our stay. Would recommend this hotel to any new comers. The boardwalk and bbq pits are very nice and clean as well.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Patricia B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rockport / Bay View
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton
Hampton Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Rockport
Econo Lodge Inn by the Bay

Been to Hunt's Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!