“great place for the price!!!”

Hunt's Castle Hotel
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Rockport
Marble Falls, Texas
“great place for the price!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

they have a great pier and are dog friendly! Right on Water Street with the longest pier, the bf can fish all day and all night and never need to go anywhere. Except maybe Tackle Town for more lures and hooks!! Rooms are clean, thanks to Charlie and his due diligence to make things better over the last year. Ken, do give him a raise and a big bonus!!

Oh, and as for the bed bugs reported, I saw nothing, only clean mattresses and very soft towels!! And please don't read the reviews from over a year ago, again Charlie has really turned this place into a friendly clean fishing destination!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Kerrville, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed in a waterfront room which was a very nice view but........ the key to our door NEVER worked which we reported to the office every time but was never fixed, there was NO Wi-Fi, again reported and never fixed and the phone in the room did not work. The room is like - back to back rooms put together. The room facing the water has the ac unit in it and the back room just has a ceiling fan which only has low speed, room did get a little hot. For the price we paid, the one room had a king bed, the other room had a queen and a sofa sleeper in it. Some things seemed a little run down and rusty but I guess you can expect that from being right there on the water. The area by the canopies and picinic tables had a full length deck installed which was nice, does not show in the pictures featured on the website. Avoid staying on the first floor by the pool and hottub unless you don't mind all the screaming and yelling.

Room Tip: A good room is one where the key works.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

I have been staying down in Rockport since I was a kid and more importantly staying at Hunts when it was the courts and now the castle. I found the room to be clean and really did not have issues with bed bugs or lack of cleanliness. The only problem with room I found was the fact they did not mop the floor and I relayed that down to the office and they did take care of that. Like I said I have been staying in Rockport for many years and I believe they have one of the best piers, and yes it uneven, but I didn't see rusty nails just sticking up. I never been on a new pier that had good fishing so I take the ones that have a little use on them. To add to that I did bring back a cooler of fish and to be exact it was Speckled trout, Sand trout and Mangrove Snapper. I did catch some redfish on there but they were undersized so I released. I did see a few guys bring up a 40 and a 48inch black drum out on the pier along with a few slot reds but I was not so lucky on the size. Anyway my overall experience was pretty good and if there were any problems Charlie was more than happy to get the problem resolved. I have full intentions of continuing to stay here as long as they accommodate any issues that may arise and if the fishing continues to stay where it is; which it has been good for years. It does help to know what time to go out and what type of baits to use during the different seasons to catch your fish, but that is our little secret and we will leave that up to you to figure out.

Room Tip: If your staying with four adults I highly recommend the suites as it allows for more movement and sp...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Taunovo9
Belton, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Oh where to start? Let's see first, BED BUGS. Still interested in what was wrong? OK, let's go down the list: Sea View Suite, only if you stand at an angle and crane your neck can you see the water. Free HBO and WiFi, well you need a half way decent t.v. with a remote that works in order to enjoy the HBO. As for the Wi-Fi, it does not work, it is so Jerry-rigged it is laughable and you have to pry the login information from the front desk. Then there is the 'beach', yep, it is there, down the street! In addition, the fishing pier is so haphazard with loose boards and exposed rusty nails that you feel like you are in a Fun House walking down it. The room was dirty and musty and in case, you missed the opening line, BED BUGS!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
12 Thank Gross2013

Travellers are raving about these Rockport hotels

San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was surprised to find out that I rented what they call an efficiency and it really was an effiiciency-like "cabin" next door to and not connected to the actual hotel. It was clean and the bed was comfy but the interior design had none. Luckily it had blinds because there was only one curtain panel for a double window and it was being held up by a wire not a curtain rod. The bed was comfy and the sheets appeared to be clean but I took off the bedspread the entire time and used my own blanket. There were a few roaches and I know there had to be a mice or a rodent that came in at night because my bananas left on the kitchen counter had been chewed on. Cabin 2 is connected to the laundry room so don't rent that one if you wanna sleep in. Otherwise it was quaint and right across from the pier if you are into fishing.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mario R
Cedar Park, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

I had a nice, clean room that was reasonably priced. The grounds were well kept and there was a nice fishing pier on the property. Ken and the hotel staff were very accommodating. There were bbq pits on the property for guest use. Also, a small pool but I never used it. And, donuts every morning!! I will be back soon, Rick in Cedar Park

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

I'll start with the positive...great location, employees were very friendly and helpful--Steve and Mike did all they could considering what they had to work with. Thank you both-- im sure your jobs are very stressful. The hotel room we were moved to was nice and was an enormous improvement from the "chalet" we had booked.
Negatives: the chalet=gross. 3pm checked in. Walked up to the door to find two dirty crunchy washcloths lying at my feet, cigarrette butts/trash all over the ground. Opened the door and was hit with a nasty mold odor. Fridge was completely rusted out, kitchen cabinets- doors missing or broken, left piled inside. Husband already upset, goes to the bathroom, grabs toilet paper but instead grabs a cockroach! No lie-- totally disgusting. Everything was grimy, and so run down. For $171/night--this is an insult. Staff quickly found us another room. someone, I assume the owner, was unapologetic and had this attitude that the original room was fine, stating" people stay here and request those same cabins when they come back." I couldn't help but think-- yeah, maybe to cook meth. Anyway, pier WAS nice, maybe 20yrs ago-- we did go fishing but walking down there my dad stepped on a board and it flew up, very unlevel, and 1/3 of the green lights were out. Pool closes at 10pm, no exceptions. Hot tub was scalding hot. BBQ pits-- well one was good, the rest were rusted out in the bottom, some missing doors/lids. Won't stay here again. We all had the impression, that whomever the owner was could care less about his employees and putting any kind of money back into the place. Shame, it could be a nice place if given a lot of TLC.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Tinatellsit
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rockport / Bay View
Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton
Hampton Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Rockport
Econo Lodge Inn by the Bay

Been to Hunt's Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!