“Fun place for our family”

Hunt's Castle Hotel
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Rockport
Marble Falls, Texas
“Fun place for our family”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This is not a fancy hotel/motel. However, if you are going for a few days to fish and swim, it's perfect. Our room was very clean when we arrived. The beds were comfortable and clean. The air conditioner kept the room nice and cool. The wifi worked as did the TV. We had a refrigerator, microwave, sink, and a table and chairs. We ate a big meal out each day and had cereal, sandwiches or snacks in the room for another meal. Not many plates or cups, but I took paper plates and plastic forks and knives so no problem. Our grandchildren loved fishing off the pier and swimming in the pool. They were able to swim in Rockport, and we went to Port Aransas to let them swim in the gulf. The staff was friendly and helpful. Anytime I asked for anything, they had it for me immediately. Thanks Ken and Hunt's Castle. We'll be back.

Room Tip: We did not have a room with a view, and that might be nice. However, our room was pleasant and quie...
1 Thank Bopmem

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Loved it clean ,comfortable, convenient, felt like home pool was clean atmosphere great management and staff was the best especially ken patel. Thanks Hunts Castle see ya next year loved the the pier and the our door tables and grills as well as the delicious coffee and hot tub

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank ddwildchild
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We got room 116 and I slept well, the pier is nice, the furniture could be updated though. I was pretty happy about the place until when I woke up in the morning and pulled down the covers to see a bug. I put it on a paper towel and killed it, red blood was smeared on the paper towel. I looked online for pictures of bedbugs and it was a bed bug. We went to complain to the front desk and she handled it well (Thank you so much for the help, Fancy!) They didn't offer is a new room but moved us to a cabin and I looked good. However I am not staying here again.

• Stayed August 2014
4 Thank Ryan S

Travellers are raving about these Rockport hotels

San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I have been going to visit hunts castle for over four years. My son learned to fish at their private pier.. We recently just visited and we had a great and fabulous time. I think the reason we go there every year is because the staff and especially the owner, Ken makes us feel like family. I don't care to seek any other locations to stay at rockport. I will always go to Hunts Castle. Yvette Moreno

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!
1 Thank Yvetchance
Columbus
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We did not stay here, and never will. Expedia and Travelocity both offered rooms for our travel dates which we were attempting to book 6 months early. We made a reservation with Expedia. At 11pm that night, waking us up, I assume the owner called to let us know that our reservation was not valid, they are not taking reservations for 2015 yet. We have stayed at many many hotels, all booked online at different sites, we have never experienced anything like this. With this type of mismanagement I suggest you look elsewhere.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank FriendlyHonu
, Manager at Hunt's Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Hello there, I'm sorry that you were awakened by the phone call, I seen that it was just reserved at 11pm and called at 11:05pm to let you know that we have not yet put pricing that far in advanced so I could not accept the reservation at that time. Again I apologized for the misunderstanding.

Management
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We just got back this weekend. The owner was rude. Our key didn't work and he kept having to come to room and he seemed annoyed. They gave different room at higher price and his reply was I could've just cancelled your reservation. They advertise karaoke and free wifi it didn't have either. Our room was never cleaned he claimed they knocked on door i was there and saw them. Later they were chit chatting and saw me and didn't care if room was cleaned. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!!!

5 Thank yvette m
, Manager at Hunt's Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Hello there I'm sorry you felt this was the "worst place ever" , but in my defense let me explain. To begin with our house keepers do services from 9AM until 10AM, which is where they go room to room knocking saying "housekeeping" if no one answers the girls are NOT aloud to enter the room, in which cases they will hang the new set of towels, trash bags, toilet paper in a bag on the door. If the guest is in the room and answers the door the house keeper is to ask for all dirties, meaning all dirty towels, and the trash, in which they give the guest new towels and trash bags. The guest can then request a "full service" which includes making of the beds, sweeping, mopping, taking "dirties" out and the trash. If the guest was missed they can always come down to the office and let them know, accidents do happen. If its before 2PM we can have one of our girls go and fix the situation. Again I would like to apologize for the inconvenience. The WIFI some people can pick up while others it wont, depending on the device. But again I would like to apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely
Management
Bulverde, Texas
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The last few times we stayed here, the hotel was full of construction workers. See that cute little pier & boardwalk area? Well, we tried to sit out there in the evening, but we couldn't hear our own thoughts over the deafening rock music. The air conditioning condensate line was discharging water all over the floor when we arrived, and even though we told the manager, no one ever came to fix it. They eventually moved us to another room where all the light bulbs were out. We had to replace them ourselves. It could be a very nice place if they'd invest a little in the room instead of all the frills.

Room Tip: As far away from the loud music and drunken guests in the pool.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Clint G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rockport / Bay View
Hampton Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton
Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Rockport
Econo Lodge Inn by the Bay

Been to Hunt's Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!