“Do it at least once!”

Night Stalker Guide Service
More attraction details
Owner description: Flounder gigging (night) trips in Rockport. Flounder gigging is done at night, with powerful lights to illuminate the bay bottom, and all the fish that live on the shallow flats. All of my gigging is done from my 22 foot flat-bottom custom flounder boat.
Sulphur Springs, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Do it at least once!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Tons of fun, and you offset your cost by saving grocery $$$$ :). Fresh flounder awaits you, and Captain Rick will get you to them. Great for families, and would be a hoot with just the girls. Clean, well constructed boat, very experienced and NICE Captain. You'll be in good hands.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Zahna

Austin, Texas
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Something Different”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We (hubby, 2 teenage boys, and me) were going to be in Rockport for a conference, so I started looking at fishing trips to celebrate my son's 13th bday. I had talked to several guide services before speaking to Capt. Rick with Night Stalker. He pointed out that day fishing in June could be very hot and uncomfortable and suggested a night flounder gigging trip. I'm so glad he did.

We met Rick at Goose Island Park at 8:15 p.m. His boat was clean and well set up. He was younger than I expected, but turns out he has been doing this for many years. He taught us the steps we would take to gig and bring the flounder aboard. Rick was really good with the kids too. I really appreciated that he constantly educated us about the bay and its creatures. He even offered to take our group photo several times throughout the trip.

I had watched a video on youtube on flounder gigging, so I knew what to expect in that regard. What I didn't expect though, was the vass number of other sea creatures we would see while on the trip. We saw tons of stingrays, jellyfish, needle fish, a huge alligator gar, a couple sea turtles, a snake, and several types of birds. The boys just loved it all.

It was pretty windy the night we went out, which effected the clarity of the water. It took us the entire 5 hours, but we reached our 5 flounder per person limit. It was clear that Capt. Rick was going to do everything he could to get us our flounder.FYI...spotting the flounder is much harder than I expected. Most of the time I couldn't even pick them out until Rick put my gig right over them.

The gigging trip was only half the fun. When we got back to the dock, Captain Rick cleaned the flounder for us as we visited with him. He's actually quite entertaining. He even had the boys pick up a fillet piece and told them to squeeze it. They screamed when it twitched. It was great!!!

Visited June 2014
3 Thank SmallFry72
austin, TX
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Great fishing fun”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We spent a few hours last night with Captain Rick Hammond gigging for flounder in the dark. Rick had a great setup, with flat bottom boat and lots of night lights designed to help spot flounder lying in the sand in shallow waters. These are caught with gigging poles. We caught our limit in 2.5 hours and had a great time while doing it. Saw lots of marine life while searching for the flounder. This is a must for anyone who likes to boat and fish!

Visited May 2014