“Perfect bed and breakfast”
Review of Hoopes' House

Hoopes' House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rockport
Hoopes' House
Ranked #2 of 6 Rockport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Hoopes Hose is right on the bay in Rockport. The rooms are comfortable and clean, and cool and dark at night. Breakfast is great. The innkeeper, Paula, is so meticulous and careful about everything that you cannot find anything to complain about. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Steven B

Reviewed 14 May 2012

My husband and I stayed here recently and I highly recommend it. The inn keeper and staff are super. Breakfast is great, the entire place is immaculate and the rooms are nicely appointed. I really felt at home here and the back yard and pool area are awesome. We will definitely be back. The location is great but the location also brings vehicle noise. Not a big deal to us but might be to others. It is within easy walking distance of the great shops and many restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank waterbabies2
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Rockport is a little gem that offers more each year for tourists. I've stayed in several accomodations in the town, and Hoopes' House is head and shoulders above the rest. First, it's immaculately clean and well maintained. Another reviewer mentioned that he detected a slight musty smell; I've lived along the Texas Gulf Coast for 30+ years, and I've been in musty venues, and Hoopes' House is not musty. On the contrary, I felt like I was in one of my favorite European, family owned small hotels where Madam makes sure the bedrooms and dining rooms and public areas are perfectly clean. The traffic noise, mentioned as a detriment by other reviewers, did not intrude enough to bother me. The breakfasts were substantial egg dishes on two days and french toast on the third. I didn't need lunch on any of the three days. OK, OK, I had a Dairy Queen dip cone for lunch on the third day, but I'm very weak when in the proximity of dip cones. The house is located across the street from the Rockport Marine Museum, which has a beautiful collection of watercolors of the lighthouses along the Texas coast, and is a few minutes walk from the galleries and shops that offer Coastal Bend art. All in all, the Hoopes' House is a very good value for money, and a credit to a town that works hard to earn tourists' kudos.

Room Tip: Rooms 1 and 2 are closest to Texas Highway 35. If you are ultrasensitive to noise, ask for another...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Silver925
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Hoopes House in pastel pretty Rockport is the perfect place to stay. Friendly hosts, large clean rooms and relaxing pool. Beach within walking distance. Lovely breakfast varied and filling. restaurants, souvenir and coffee shops nearby. A relaxing end to our stay in the US

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChristineJSLondon
Reviewed 12 June 2011

When we arrived we were worried about the traffic noise as my wife is a very light sleeper but Paula showed us our room, San Jose, and demonstrated how little noise actually penetrated the room. Moreover she was very helpful and despite our advance booking offered us the choice of staying somewhere else. How glad we were not to have taken up that option. We loved Hoopes House and after a short time we settled in very happily. Yes- there is traffic nearby which is very audible around the pool - but the room was fine. The house is so convenient for everthing, the beach is a few moments stroll away as are the shops and restaurants. This really is a lovely place - the decor is delightful, a definite nautical theme throughout, it is extremely clean - the rooms are spotless. Paula is a wonderful host, very kind and understanding, so knowledgeable about the area and makes excellent recommendations for dining. Do try the Latitudes restaurant nearby - excellent fine dining. Good lunches at the Daily Grind - a nearby coffee shop. If in the area again we would definitely return.

Room Tip: Website excellent
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AScottyP
Reviewed 16 February 2011

This is my third stay at the hoopes house. We stayed in the San Jose room which is the best room in the place with a large king size bed. The tub in this room is very small though. In past years, there would be a very nice breakfast here, with at least some sort of an egg dish. I was very disappointed to leave breakfast feeling hungry. We were served 1 1/2 pieces of french toast with warm apples on top and 2 overcooked pieces of bacon, coffee and a cup of juice. I kept expecting something else to come out of the kitchen. For $175/night, I felt a little jipped. The location of this place is terrible, right on the corner of very busy streets. However, you are left to your own devices here. The kitchen is open, unlike some other places I stayed where the kitchen was locked up tight. Paula is very knowledgable about the area and always a phone call away. The hot tub was very nice also. All in all, I'm not sure we'll be back. Maybe we will try someplace else the next time we are in Rockport. Disappointed in Bulverde

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ciera1love
Reviewed 6 April 2010

I really liked this b&b. the decor of the main home and kitchen and living room areas is spectacular. the room I stayed in in the main house was beautifully decorated. however the room faces directly onto a busy street with loud traffic (including trucks) late into the night and starting back up again early in the morning. bring your earplugs and noise canceling headphones if you plan to get any rest in these rooms. otherwise a beautiful place.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business