“Our stay was outstanding”

Hilton Dallas / Rockwall Lakefront
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Rockwall
Houston, Texas
“Our stay was outstanding”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband and I have stayed here three other times and enjoyed everything about this place. When we booked our stay, my husband told them we would be celebrating our 27th Wedding Anniversary. When we checked in, they upgraded us to a beautiful suite and the Manager brought by a card congratulating us. Our stay was fantastic!

• Stayed July 2014
HiltonRockwallMNGR, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dallas / Rockwall Lakefront, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Congratulations on your 27th Wedding Anniversary! We are honored that you chose to stay with us on such a memorable occasion and we are glad that you had a fantastic stay!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We spent a couple of nights here for a child-free weekend. It was a little older and a little more out-dated than we expected. The service was decent, but far from remarkable. Next time, we will drive into the city.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vedettefille
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry our décor was not quite to your taste and hope that you will give us another chance to provide a warm welcome and memorable stay.
Rockwall, TX
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed here one night while our air conditioning was getting replaced. Nice Lobby area, the rooms were clean. Small beds that were not very comfortable. There must have been kids in the room next to us because they were slamming doors and jumping on the beds so hard that is was moving our walls. Made for a long night. The a/c was not cooling very well. Good walking distance to restaurants.

Room Tip: Always ask for the top floor away from elevators.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your honest feedback. We appreciate you staying with us. We apologize that your sleep was disrupted by a neighboring guest. If this happens again, please let us know and our overnight security team will address it immediately.
Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Checked in today and I realise that's it's Sunday following a very busy 4th of July holiday but... The room was not cleaned properly.. Toenails all over the floor and cigarette burn marks on the patio wall with a small burn on the carpet. This is something that should never pass checkin inspection. The room didn't smell of smoke so I didn't complain. But I will probably not stay here again because if they are not vacuuming the carpet what else are the passing on?

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
HiltonRockwallMNGR, Front Office Manager at Hilton Dallas / Rockwall Lakefront, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We take great pride in providing a clean, comfortable guestroom for each of our guests and we are deeply disappointed that we did not meet this goal during your stay. We sincerely apologize for your experience and assure you that this area is extremely important to us. We’d like the opportunity to make it right on your next visit so please reach out to me personally prior to your next stay.

Jeff Ossenkop
Director of Front Office
Haslet, Texas
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My teenage daughter and I visited this hotel as a mother/daughter weekend get-away in the middle of June. It looked so nice in the photos and the price was right. It is easy to access from the highway and sits on the lake. Upon arrival, we were greeted by friendly hotel staff. They asked us what floor we would like to stay on and we chose the top floor (5th). I chose not to pay for a lake view, so our view was of the parking lot, but we were in the center of the building, and never heard any outside noise. We also chose to self park, which was easy and close. Our room was nice, typical style Hilton décor. It was clean and smelled freshly cleaned. I knew it had a mini fridge to use and a safe. The mini fridge was not very cold, but it did chill our waters. I tried to lock up our valuables in the safe, but the safe did not work. We decided to explore the near by shops and lighthouse, so before we left we stopped by the front desk to let them know about the safe. I gave permission for them to enter the room while we were gone and they told us they would send someone right up to fix the safe. We walked around and came back an hour later. The safe was not fixed. I called the front desk and again they said they would send someone right up. We waited for an hour. The maintenance man came up and worked on it for about 15 minutes and then told me he needed to get something to fix it and would be right back. I told him we were going to go out and he could come back in while we were gone. We were out for 2 1/2 hours and when we came back the safe STILL did not work. I went back down to the front desk, told them it was still not fixed and they called maintenance only to find out the safe was unable to be fixed. They offered to hold my valuables in their safe, but I declined because I read a review and remembered someone had a problem with their safe. They offered to give us another room, one the same floor, with the same view. I said OK but wanted to check it out first. They gave us the card key. We went up and this time it was at the end of the hotel, above the HVAC units. All we heard was a rumbling - but that safe worked! I went down to the front desk, told them I was staying in my room because of the noise and asked if they could just switch the safes. They said they could not do that, so I carried my valuables with me all weekend. So, we went to dinner and came back about 10pm. That is when the party in the next room began! The walls are VERY thin. At midnight I called the front desk and they sent up security. I heard security tell them they needed to be quieter. They stopped...for 5 minutes! I did not call again, but the noise continued until 2am. The next morning we realized the toilet would not flush. We told the front desk (at this point I figured they hated seeing me get off the elevator). They sent someone up while we were at the pool and fixed it. Then later that evening it happened again! We called and the maintenance man came up and had to change out the flapper inside the tank. He was very nice, but I honestly was not happy by then. We used the fitness facility which was small, simple but well maintained. We used the pool. It was nice with a zero entry at the far end. They showed two pool side (family) movies the first and second night we were there. We ate breakfast in the restaurant. We had the buffet, but there was also a menu. A lot of choices at the buffet, including an omelet bar. The server we had on Saturday morning was excellent. The server on Sunday morning, was a little lacking in serving ability and friendliness. Overall, the hotel was average, the staff was friendly, but I don't see us staying there again.

Room Tip: When choosing the price to pay, choose the bed and breakfast package. We paid about $8 more per day...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank P F
HiltonRockwallMNGR, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dallas / Rockwall Lakefront, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It was nice to hear that you experienced a friendly greeting and freshly cleaned guestroom. We apologize for the multiple maintenance issues that you encountered during your stay. Our goal is to provide a clean, safe, fully functional guestroom and in this instance we are sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We are glad you enjoyed the pool and breakfast buffet and hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the first rate experience and facilities you deserve. Thank you again for your feedback.
Irving, Texas
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Plush, comfortable room decor and all the amenities you'd expect of a 5-Star Resort nestled on the shores of Lake Ray Hubbard. Adjacent to restaurants next door, meeting attendees and planners have options to hotel catering, although it's outstanding. Excellent venue for meetings, family retreats/reunions or weddings. Pool forms the property's centerpiece. Shoreline fountains and sidewalks provide exercise alternatives to fitness center. Above-average service by front desk, bell stand and dining employees. I want to return for a DFW staycation without air travel involved.

Room Tip: All rooms should be equally quiet due to hallway & elevator design. Request lakeview vs. parkin...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for recognizing our “outstanding” cuisine, friendly front desk staff, bell staff and dining room employees! We hope you will join us for that staycation very soon!
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed at Rockwall Hilton for 10 days for business. Got a suite with lake view. Very clean, great wi fi connection, VERY EXCELLENT breakfast selection (for USD19), but you have to wait for 5-7 mins in line to get an omelette or waffles. Very quiet too, though on weekend they hosted a wedding reception. Very picturesque "harbor" view, nice place to have a 10 minutes long walk. The hotel has a nice cosy pool and is 3 mins drive away from supermarkets and more simple dining options, about 7 mins drive away from Rockwall "town" miniscule center with some more sophisticated restaurants. I know a few colleagues who also live in Rockwall and it is a nice place to live in the area. Also got a Cinemark 3 mins away walk from the hotel. Froms the looks of it, it is a busy place, many people come and go, but imho this is a nice place to stay for business or pleasure. It was weird however that I had to wait for 3 days to get my laundry done, and I had to pick it up from the reception, but indeed this was the only "flaw" I could pick up with the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
HiltonRockwallMNGR, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dallas / Rockwall Lakefront, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms, free wifi and expansive breakfast buffet! We appreciate your comments on our guest laundry and are looking at ways we can improve in this area. Thank you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockwall
Downtown Dallas
Omni Dallas Hotel
Omni Dallas Hotel
#5 of 203 in Dallas

Been to Hilton Dallas / Rockwall Lakefront? Share your experiences!