“The view is great; the hotel is average.”

Hilton Dallas / Rockwall Lakefront
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Rockwall
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I would like to start this review by acknowledging that the other reviewers were absolutely correct in notating that the front desk staff is far from being hospitable or exhibiting anywhere near good customer service. I am shocked that this has been mentioned before and has not been addressed.

To that note, let me mention that (Allison--the exception) restored some of my hopes of a having a pleasant experience. She really proved to put the customer’s needs first. Unfortunately, her counterparts not so much! Hotel management should really understand that the front desk staff plays a detrimental role in setting the tone for the start of your trip. In my opinion, only the best attitudes/personnel should be in that role.

I requested an early check-in and unfortunately that was not granted. However, part of this problem was the fact that I had an idea of what room and floor I wanted (so I did not mind the wait).
Also, like I do when traveling to a destination hotel, I have my swim attire accessible and hang out at the pool area until they’re ready.

Customer Service throughout the hotel restaurant areas was good; I dined onsite for breakfast, lunch and dinner and the staff was amazing. The executive chef even prepared omelet @ breakfast, which was pretty cool.

Pool: The pool was amazing to look at and although the hotel had a high occupancy, it was still enough loungers and seating for everyone.
Ok, I am from Texas and I know that we have scorching summers but the pool was soooo cold it literally felt like an ice box! More adults took refuge in the Jacuzzi on a Texas summer day. IJS, there really should be something done about the temperature of the pool water. What good is a beautiful pool…if it can’t be enjoyed?

Also, I have traveled to many beaches and I’ve never seen or been bit by more ants in my life. Please invest in an environmentally safe product to protect your guests while enjoying your pool and outdoor areas. Let’s be clear…the staff at the pool do not want to be there and it really shows! The pool drinks were awful! I walked to the bar during one of my drink purchases and caught the bartender pouring in an (inferior liquor) in my drink; while the drink description stated a (premium liquor). I was so appalled that this was being done that I ordered the rest of my drinks at the bar so that I could watch. No fun...when there is pool service being offered! Days like that, I wish that I drunk something off tap.

Also, it was so good not to hear the tradition pool music ie: techno/electronic/house mix. So, I must mention the coolest, hippest, keyboardist ever…Jimi Watusi!! He played live music at the pool late afternoon and it was such a pleasant surprise! I am an iPod girl and even I must admit I enjoyed hearing him play.

The room was nice and clean and offered a spectacular view of the lake (which is what it’s all about)! The bathroom is pretty compact as the door, while open rests against the tub. The lighted mirror in the bathroom did not work. I also killed some type of insect in the bathroom; see earlier comment regarding their need to spray for insects. However, to be reasonable, my queen room had a balcony so it could have traveled from there.

All in all, this is an average, smaller Hilton Hotel. With some improvements to pool staff and front desk customer service and not to mention...training your bartenders to mix and/or bartend…this hotel would have so much going for it. Right now "the view" is the only thing worth paying for!

HONESTLY, if you are not coming here for the view….I seriously suggest looking elsewhere.

Room Tip: Lakefront view is the only way to go! Only queen rooms have a balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank KristenWT
HiltonRockwallMNGR, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dallas / Rockwall Lakefront, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It is great to hear that you found our restaurant staff amazing and enjoyed our poolside entertainment! We apologize that your experience at the front desk and pool bar did not exceed your expectations and we would like to reassure that we do read every review our guests post online and take steps to address any areas where we can improve. We appreciate you taking the time to leave such a detailed review as it will help us to better serve our guests in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,073)

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Refreshing to see customer service is not dead! The staff at the Hilton Rockwall is superb. They go above expectation and we will be returning soon! Rooms are fantastic, poolside is relaxing and enjoyable. Food is top-notch! Still craving the rosemary truffle butter French fries!! There are a lot of young people on staff, but we were so impressed with their sense of decorum, maturity, and customer service. A very rare commodity now days. Thanks again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tommy S

Customer service is indeed alive and well at our hotel! We are delighted to hear we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed our rooms, pool and our rosemary truffle butter French fries! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is a very nice hotel with lots of activities in and around the hotel grounds. Very nice view of the lake. The only thing that I did not like about the hotel is the fact that the housekeeping staff did not service my room until late in the afternoon, between 4 and 5 PM on some occassions.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nate L

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad you enjoyed the lakeviews and hotel grounds. We appreciate your comments on our housekeeping staff and the next time you stay with us please give us a call when you would like your room to be serviced and it will be our pleasure to take care of it right away.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is a very clean facility. The staff here are very professional and very friendly. The rooms are clean and the decor is nice. Really have enjoyed my stay here. Easy access to restaurants, park and near shoping centers. I will be back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonRockwallMNGR, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dallas / Rockwall Lakefront, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for recognizing our clean hotel and professional, friendly staff! We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We booked a room at the Hilton lakefront for our 30th wedding anniversary. the stay was ok, the staff was not very friendly. the room was nice, except the bed was very uncomfortable (horrible) the lake view from our room was nice. I think the only thing I enjoyed about our stay was the pool area. not very impressed, not worth what we paid...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank alexa c
HiltonRockwallMNGR, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dallas / Rockwall Lakefront, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our goal is to ensure all of our guests receive a warm welcome and friendly service that exceeds your expectations. We sincerely apologize that We did not achieve our goal during your stay. We hope you will give us another chance to make it right by providing you with the service and amenities you deserve on your next visit to Rockwall.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We arrived to the Hilton after our wedding and stayed in the "Cinderella Suite" It was beautiful & when we arrived there were rose peddles, champagne, & chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us. The room was beautiful & over looked the lake. It was perfect!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Congratulations on your recent marriage! We are honored that you chose to start your married life here with us at the Hilton. We hope you make it an annual trip to celebrate your wedding anniversary with us in Rockwall!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Love going to this place with the wife when we visit Rockwall, Tx. Great service, location, views, rooms, and great pool. It is located near great shops, restaurants, and lake Hubbard sits right at hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
HiltonRockwallMNGR, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dallas / Rockwall Lakefront, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for the great review! We love our repeat guests and can’t wait to welcome you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockwall
Downtown Dallas
Omni Dallas Hotel
Omni Dallas Hotel
#4 of 212 in Dallas

Been to Hilton Dallas / Rockwall Lakefront? Share your experiences!