“Raising the rates again” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of WoodSpring Suites Dallas Rockwall

WoodSpring Suites Dallas Rockwall
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Rockwall
Rockwall, Texas
“Raising the rates again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

This is the second time during my stay that VP has raised the rates. The notice indicated I would agree that with the rate increase, it was still a great value. Well, unfortunately, I quite disagree. This rate increase came with no improvements to the rooms or the property. The only change is a kiyosk that continuously loops to show the rooms with bedspreads that have not been update since the opening. Shower curtains that you have to change when they get worn. Night before notices for pest control or a/c cleaning. Grounds that continuously have beer cans and other alcoholic beverage containers in the parking lot. I can only hope the staff will see some of this rate increase as Tim, Dacinda and Ross are great. The service staff is also very friendly although I don't know their names. I have a feeling the rate is paying for the kiosk when they should have considered updating their computer system which always manages to crash when you need to renew.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CL A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Dalhart, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Tim Goyne, the longest serving Value Place Safety Attendant, is a wonderful employee at the Rockwall, Texas, location. Tim is willing to meet customers’ needs 24-hours a day. Whether he is helping guest check in or keeping them safe and secure in and outside the building, Tim is a pleasant, polite, positive, and powerful public relations manager for Value Place nationwide. I suggest Value Place bestow upon Tim a pay raise, a day off, and unlimited free use of the company car!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kirk H, Director of Sales at WoodSpring Suites Dallas Rockwall, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Rockwall Value Place Hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests and especially when they compliment one of our dedicated employees. We have a wonderful management team in Rockwall and Tim is a valued member of that team.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

The staff are very helpful and polite. The hotel was clean and quiet. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kirk H, Director of Sales at WoodSpring Suites Dallas Rockwall, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Thank you for your comments and for staying with us. We look forward to serving you again.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

I stayed here in mid october and let me tell you! The worst hotel i have ever been too. The bald headed desk guy creeps me out to. He would walk around outside at 1 in the morning and i saw him shining a flashlight into windows....kind of wierd...not to mention how doped up he looked. ROACHES EVERYWHERE! the stove top was convenient though. Lots of wierd people live here. Most looked like pedophiles...i'd rather hit up a motel 8 next time. Good travels!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ryan t
Kirk H, Director of Sales at WoodSpring Suites Dallas Rockwall, responded to this review, 10 November 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Let me assure you that the safety of our guests is critical to how we operate our hotels. As part of our standard operating procedures, property managers must run all guests who arrive through the National Sex Offender database at www.nsopr.gov. We take safety and cleanliness to the extreme.

The gentleman that you refer to is our Satefy Attendant who patrols the property throughout the night - every night and every day.
ellington Ct
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

I travel throughout the US with my job staying anywhere from 2 weeks to a year at any given spot I have found the Value Place in Rockwall to be Great. Staff is excellent, Generally quiet, and for those that have complained about the cooking smells Get over it I quess you microwave everything. Only Issue is the slow elevator but it is the same at every Value Place.

Room Tip: Make sure if you are staying a while get the room with the sleeper sofa in it Less claustrophobic
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kirk H, Director of Sales at WoodSpring Suites Dallas Rockwall, responded to this review, 20 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We appreciate you staying with us and we appreciate your business.
McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

This has been a second "home" for me several times, and I would not hesitate to stay here again. The desk clerks are all very helpful, friendly, and down to earth. The room service has been superb, as has the maintenance. Those who have complaints need to remember that this is not a personal property. Of course there will be noises, smells, etc. (as someone complained about). It's a multi-unit facility with all types of tenants. I consider that a reflection of the individual, not the property. The solution is to get your own personal place, or stop being so easily irritated. Sure, there's a few bugs; that's anywhere. I had the opportunity to do a few home-cooked meals myself, and it was awesome! I haven't had hot water cornbread in a very long time, but was able to do it here. This will be my place of choice for all extended visits to the area. Thanks, everybody, for a fantastic stay!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kirk H, Director of Sales at WoodSpring Suites Dallas Rockwall, responded to this review, 10 October 2011
Thank you for your comments and being a loyal guest. We look forward to serving you when you return.
Rockwall, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

The management will work with you to make your stay the best as possible.
The rooms are perfect.
They even have a stove top if you would like a great meal.
Feels like a home away from home.
Parking is never a problem.
AC is amazing and unlimited for this Texas Heat!!!
Flat screen tv!!!
My favorite place to stay while I'm staying in Rockwall.

Room Tip: they are all great
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your review. We are very proud of our management team and our property in Rockwall. Rockwall is such a great city and has so much to offer.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockwall
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rockwall
Hampton Inn Dallas-Rockwall
Hilton Dallas / Rockwall Lakefront
Comfort Suites Lake Ray Hubbard
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Garland E - Lake Hubbard I30
Quality Inn & Suites Garland - East Dallas

Been to WoodSpring Suites Dallas Rockwall? Share your experiences!